OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Thinking about pistol grip/ steady grip for my Benelli. Do you all like them?

Started by WVhuntEER, January 29, 2012, 10:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVhuntEER

Looks like the price to get a steady grip in my APG camo is 166.00    Do you guys think it is worth the price?  I have never shot a pistol grip but have been contemplating buying one since I got my gun a couple of years ago.   Just curious what you all think? 

TrophyTracker

I use one on mine, and would Never go back. The control I have while sitting at the bottom of a tree is Amazing. The way the recoil is spread more evenly between your hand and shoulder also makes a big difference. The only changes I suggest are adding a sling swivel to the bottom, and a Limbsaver recoil pad to replace the solid rubber factory one.

New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

BOFF

Love mine. Easier to control; rest on my knee; etc. It's on a M2.

I actually shot a turkey one handed off to my right side and slightly behind me. I was able to pick up the gun and swing it, aim, and shoot, when he went behind a big oak. Only moved my arm, gun, and  turned my head in the process. No way I believe I could have done that with a regular stock.

God Bless,
David B.

vaturkey

I've had my Benelli SBE2 for 5 years now & wish every day that I would have gotten the pistol grip stock. I have shot several of them & they shoulder & feel great. I just cant justify 150.00- 160.00 for a pistolgrip stock. If I could find a good deal on an Advantage Timber one I would get it.

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

rbreedi1

If anyone needs a black one, shoot me a message. I've got a new one I'll sell for a good deal.
Thunder Ridge Totes

reynolds243

i have a stoeger (somewhat benelli) and would not ever go back to turkey hunting without a pistol grip. IMO it is a game changer!

WVhuntEER

WVhuntEER

Quote from: TrophyTracker on January 29, 2012, 10:26:45 PM
I use one on mine, and would Never go back. The control I have while sitting at the bottom of a tree is Amazing. The way the recoil is spread more evenly between your hand and shoulder also makes a big difference. The only changes I suggest are adding a sling swivel to the bottom, and a Limbsaver recoil pad to replace the solid rubber factory one.

Would the recoil pad on the comfortech stock fit the pistol grip? 

ccleroy

Quote from: WVhuntEER on January 30, 2012, 01:24:27 PM

No, the steady grip stock does not accept a standard screw in pad, the one that works for it is a slip in pad.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: ccleroy on January 30, 2012, 01:28:30 PM

No, the steady grip stock does not accept a standard screw in pad, the one that works for it is a slip in pad.
That's only on the M2/SBEII.  The M1/SBE still take the screw on pad and thru trial and error, I found a Limbsaver pad that fit the steadigrip I put on my M1.  I'll check when I get home and post what stock number it is.

ccleroy

Quote from: SKFOOTER on January 30, 2012, 05:15:54 PM
Quote from: ccleroy on January 30, 2012, 01:28:30 PM

That's only on the M2/SBEII.  The M1/SBE still take the screw on pad and thru trial and error, I found a Limbsaver pad that fit the steadigrip I put on my M1.  I'll check when I get home and post what stock number it is.

Funny,I've got one that came on a SBE 1 and it does not accept the screw in pad.....I would love to find thicker pads for it but I have searched to no avail .....finally found a good one when I went with the speedfeed series stock for it and like the grip a lot better than the Benelli line.

SKFOOTER

The Limbsaver pad that I put on my Steadigrip stock for my M1 is Limbsaver Model #10111.  It fits like a glove.  I just had to drill another hole in the pad to mount it.   

rebelman

If you are going to sell your regular stock to offset the cost I'd be interested in buying it if it is in APG camo.

wareagle22

Will a pistol grip for a SBE II fit on a SBE I?   I have been looking for one and see lots for the II/M2 but very few choices for the I/M1?

SKFOOTER

No.  I asked Benelli that same question.  They are different stocks.