OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone used the Haint Gobbler call???

Started by RutnNStrutn, January 28, 2012, 11:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCBigShot

..Ever since I saw the video I've been itchin' to try one myself... Will certainly add to this thread when I receive the call and let ya'll know what I think of it. 8)
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

RutnNStrutn

Please do. I am very interested in how easy it is to master. Here's the how to video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcjTYFLo9xU

ThicketThrasher

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on January 29, 2012, 09:45:10 PM
Just watched the advertisement video. Looks like a lot of rapid blowing and tongue action is required to make it work correctly. That's the problem I had with trying to gobble on a tube call or diaphragm, which also had guys ripping out gobbles on their videos.

Yeah, I really want one of these!!! Whether I need one or not is a different story. The technique used on this call seems a lot easier than trying to gobble on a tube. I have to actually move my tongue on a tube to make a good gobble, sometimes that just doesn't work. But on the Haint, it looks like you just do a deep flutter with the air, which is easier in my opinion.

I still believe a tube call gobble sounds better when executed properly. Something I can rarely accomplish.

Bustabeak

I think I'm going to bit the bullet and buy one in a couple weeks. Unless I can talk my buddy into selling me his that i borrowed. It is a lot of tongue action. I didn't think I could do it because I have tried and tried to purr on a mouth call using my tongue but I can't do it to save my life!

RutnNStrutn

I'm gonna go for it too. After watching the "how to" video, I think I can do this one. I searched the WWW for the call, and the cheapest place I found was called the "Archery Center". $42.99.
Here's the link.

http://www.archerycenter.com/p-30337-dnd-haint-gobble-call.aspx

NCBigShot

..Got mine today... First few blows sounded like the worst duck call ever made..  :angry9:

...But I'm not giving up on it... Will try some more when I have an empty house tomorrow. :bike2:

Strut Buster

Ordered one last night. Will let you know what I think when it comes. After watching the video I think I can do this one.
Ethics & Respect First

coffdvm

I have had mine for about 2 weeks.  It is a little harder to run that one might think and I am no where near those guys on youtube.com.  BUT, it certainly has potential.

We open in March & I think by then, I will have it where I want it...not in the junk pile! 

It sounded a lot like a jake at first but gradually, it has gotten more and more realistic.  Will it help kill a turkey? Not sure about that but the call is worth having.

I don't have any special tips except if you are used to blowing a duck call, it requires a substantial transition to use the Haint.  Fluttering the tongue, loosely held against one's upper front teeth and lots of cupping with the hands is the key.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Oh I know how I am going to use mine set my 13yr old down we usually sit bout ten yards apart wait till he eases back and takes that nap!! Gobbbbbbbbble!! :funnyturkey:

NCBigShot

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on February 05, 2012, 01:34:16 AM
Oh I know how I am going to use mine set my 13yr old down we usually sit bout ten yards apart wait till he eases back and takes that nap!! Gobbbbbbbbble!! :funnyturkey:

..OMG  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: Take a video camera and a roll of TP with you!

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

catrancher

Dang!  I love this message board, no telling if I would have heard of either of these calls.  That is a heck of an instructional video for the Haint call.   I was pretty much sold on it after watching the video, not sure about the flextone needed to see it run longer to really know.  Any more experience comparing the two?

drenalinld

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 05, 2012, 11:50:15 PM
IMO   ---I think this one sounds better----$15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEk_XceRYGM&feature=related

That thing sounds good to me! Flextone has some inexpensive stuff that works. I have a couple $9 duck calls by flextone that sound great in the field.

nate12285

I have heard from some people that if you can blow a duck call  good, you should be able to get the hang of the Haint call but no personal experience from me...

StruttinGobbler3

The flextone sounds good but I'm not sure how much volume it has, doesn't sound any louder than a gobble shaker, which isn't very loud. The Haint has a lot of force behind it and really reaches out there. I blew it yesterday on a still morning and heard it echo four or five times, kinda shows me how much true volume it can produce.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion