turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone used the Haint Gobbler call???

Started by RutnNStrutn, January 28, 2012, 11:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

I got an email from the NWTF advertising this call from Down N Dirty Outdoors. Its being pitched by Eddie Salter. I've always wanted to add a realistic gobble call to my arsenal, but haven't been able to master any of the ones out there. This one is kind of a steep price at $60, but if it worked it would be worth it.
Any of y'all heard of it? Or used it? How does it sound?

http://www.downndirtyoutdoors.com/haint-call.aspx

redarrow

I havent seen one yet,but all i've heard or read has been negative.

StruttinGobbler3

Heard about this call a few weeks ago. After listening to their how to video i was shocked. Thats as close as you can get to a gobble short of the real thing. I think most of the negative comments are coming from people who can't figure out how to use it correctly. I plan on adding one to my vest soon.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Gobble!

I bit the bullet and ordered one. If used correctly I think they sound pretty good.

Flydown

turkey slayer

Houndstooth Game Calls

I tried one and couldn't get much out of it but I didn't watch the how to! I was at a friends store he had it! I think it sounds pretty good on the you tube clip! Like to here about it from our members here on og how it works out for them!! I am sure there's got to be some folks on here that's got them!

GobblerChaser

I've got one and am very close to getting it right after some toying around with it. The hard part is finding the time to practice cause if anyone else is in the house, they are not happy. There is no way to practice soft.

Safe and Happy Hunting!

Follow me on twitter @GobblerChaser.

wis. bowhunter

I just got one and can't get much out of it but I can't blow a diaphram call either so it is probably just me. If somebody wants it I'll let it go for 35.00 tyd  pm me.

NCBigShot

Quote from: wis. bowhunter on January 29, 2012, 12:55:31 PM
I just got one and can't get much out of it but I can't blow a diaphram call either so it is probably just me. If somebody wants it I'll let it go for 35.00 tyd  pm me.

PM sent
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

Longbeardfever4ever

Quote from: wis. bowhunter on January 29, 2012, 12:55:31 PM

Sent pm around 1:30..
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

wis. bowhunter

yelpy

Thanks for the post.. I will be adding another call to the vest. It sounds good to me.

RutnNStrutn

Hey, this was my thread, you should have sold it to me!!! :lol: :toothy9:
See, some of the comments are why I'm hesitant. I can handle the standard turkey calls, and even a diaphragm. But tube calls, trumpets and gobble calls seem to elude me no matter how hard I try.
You guys that are getting one, please let me know how easy they are (or aren't) to use. :anim_25:

RutnNStrutn

Just watched the advertisement video. Looks like a lot of rapid blowing and tongue action is required to make it work correctly. That's the problem I had with trying to gobble on a tube call or diaphragm, which also had guys ripping out gobbles on their videos.