turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Would you?

Started by guesswho, February 19, 2011, 07:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

Heck yeah, I might give alittle mouth call to get him out of strut but other than that " He's a dead bird!"

longspur

PANYHunter

Quote from: Crappiepro on February 19, 2011, 08:24:16 PM
Heck yeah, I might give alittle mouth call to get him out of strut but other than that " He's a dead bird!"
yeah what he said :fud:

mossybird

BOFF

That is honestly a question I can not answer until it happens. I have shot birds similar to that situation in the past, and I have passed them up. It depends on A LOT of things, but more of them tend to sway the situation to a dead bird.

Great question.

God Bless,
David B.

BowBendr

I'd shoot him and have him ate in less than a days time.   :fud:  BOOM !

magicman

renegade19

Basser69

Been there done that. I set up blind calling two years ago and after about an hour, no bird. I decided to go hunt some arrow heads. I walked about a hundred yards down the loving road and heard something off to my left. I looked over and low and behold a bird in full strut looking away from me. Up went the gun and he got eaten for dinner. Love some fried turkey

FANMAN

This exact thing happened to me a few years ago...I hunt in an area with very few birds and our seasons are very short..5 to 9 days..I took the shot,and while I was very glad to have gotten a bird,the reason I hunt em "the thrill" wasn't there.I probably wouldn't do it again.

Jay

Quote from: FANMAN on February 19, 2011, 09:06:51 PM
This exact thing happened to me a few years ago...I hunt in an area with very few birds and our seasons are very short..5 to 9 days..I took the shot,and while I was very glad to have gotten a bird,the reason I hunt em "the thrill" wasn't there.I probably wouldn't do it again.
Then you wouldn't stalk a bird either?

goblr77

Skeeterbait

Yeah, woodsmanship is part of hunting.

FANMAN

Quote from: Jay on February 19, 2011, 09:13:55 PM
Quote from: FANMAN on February 19, 2011, 09:06:51 PM
Then you wouldn't stalk a bird either?
When I move on a bird it's to get in a better position to call him from.Many times that move is done slowly/quietly,if that is what you call a stalk , then yes.But the thrill is in the strutting/gobbling.

Hognutz

He'd be a dead bird, without hesitation. I wouldn't even consider, not shooting him.  :fud: :newmascot:  Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.