turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Would you?

Started by guesswho, February 19, 2011, 07:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

After a quiet morning you decide to get up and move to another location.  While easing along to your next set-up you walk right up on a longbeard that has no idea your around.  He's strutting on a field edge with several hens.  He's at 30 yards, do you pull the trigger?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

TnTurk

Uhh..... Yea.     :fud:   :gobble:

Gamblinman

Give him the 'ol dirt nap!!
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

knightrider

harvester

I wouldn't give it a second thought. If he is in range, I'm pullin the trigger.
:fud: :newmascot:

CASH

Put it this way, I'll be breasting him out later.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

pullit

he would get a free ride in my Chevy truck....

VA_Birdhunter

no doubt he would be served a dose of #6 shot :fud: and get a ride in the back of my truck! :z-guntootsmiley:
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Jay

4nwtf

I would be having turkey fingers for dinner.   :z-guntootsmiley:

njdevilsb

Crutch

LOL, last year I had a tom strutting in my parking spot next to the barn. I parked on the other side. Sneeked around the corner and watched him a while. When he had his fan to me I stepped out and took a cell pick and sent it to my hunting buddy, who I had just gotten off the phone with before I arrived. Finally I eased my shotgun around the corner and when he turned around. CLICK

So the answer is No. Ha Ha.

Probably would let him pass unless I could make him gobble, unless he was a double beard or had some serious hooks.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

OLE RASPY

YES SIR

If he dont see me walking around to him at 30 yards then he needs shot. :lol:

paintbrush

Shotgun

I'd kill him.

I actually had a hunt like this in AL.  It was about 11:00 am on a hard day of hunting and I had just walked to the center of a 5 yr old pine plantation that was surrounded by swamps.  In the center there was a place called the cross roads where 2 roads crossed.  Well I stopped and set down on the edge of the road just to catch my breath.  About 5 minutes later I see something out the corner of my eye.  It was a long beard running from where I'd just come from.  I saw him about the same time he saw me, which was only 9 yards away.  Right before he caught flight I rolled him.

If he has a longbeard and is within range I'm tring to kill him.