turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger m3500?

Started by reynolds243, January 25, 2012, 09:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

anyone shooting one of these? i did a search and found a few topics on it but not a ton. Anyone got some patterns they can share as far as combinations and what not? I already have a M2000 so i could always just try the sumtoy i currently have for it for starters but wondered what anyone else was getting or using...

thanks.

CASH

I've got one.  I don't use it for turkey hunting, just ducks and dove, but I love it.  Great gun
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

mightyjoeyoung

The guys on gun nuts tv did a very in depth review of the gun.  Fired everything from trap loads to 3.5" turkey loads through the same gun.  Even loaded them all in the mag and fired them in the same sitting and not one hiccup.  It is basically an original SBE long inertial recoil design, with the recoil spring assembly over the mag tube.  For what they want for them in the stores I honestly cannot see why they aren't much more expensive!  Good gun the M3500!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

ghillie

I have ordered one...it's such a hot gun right now they are on back order!!  Have to wait 30-60 days to get it.  The SureGrip pistol grip stock is NOT out for them yet either.  Also the 24" is now out in black, it was only in APG at that length.  I'm chomping at the bit for it to arrive...have choke in hand and am going to pattern with the factory "turkey choke" as well as a few aftermarket's to find the best numbers...wish that FF3 group buy happens soon...chomp  chomp  chomp!!!    :begging:

reynolds243

no one else shoots one of these? got it sitting at my house now...26" barrel and will try the sumtoy and IC i currently have for it but wondered if anyone else has a combo they like.

Mike Honcho

I'm anxious to hear your pattern reports...I'm thinking about ordering A 24" Realtree APG model today.

reynolds243

Quote from: Mike Honcho on February 01, 2012, 05:43:06 AM
I'm anxious to hear your pattern reports...I'm thinking about ordering A 24" Realtree APG model today.

you can look at my pattern thread for 1. it shot the sumtoy 670 and magblends GREAT! i am going to shoot some 7s as well from it but ran out of time yesterday.

I also have a Puregold i am going to just shoot out of it to see what it does as well. as of now the 670 sumtoy and magblends are great patterens and i woul dhave NO ISSUE hunting with that setup this spring.

also when i shot those it was after a few other shoots through the gun so the barrel was a tad dirty.

Curtdawg88

I am also interested in this gun. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Stoeger a cheaper Benelli? Do they cut corners on these guns to make them cheaper? Or are they cheaper because they don't say "Benelli" on the side? Is the finish cheap? Thanks for any info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

gobblingghost

The price is probably based on name and where is built. i have the SBE and 3500 looks real similar. Also great pattern from Sumtoy today I think its about 278 in a 10" cir

reynolds243

It's not as nice as a sbeII but I would not say cheap by any means. Same barrel same bolt system, the finish on the 3500 is much better then the 2000 and IMO very good quality.

It doesn't have the bells and whistles of a top end benelli but far from cheap

TrophyTracker

The 3500 has it's recoil spring over the magazine tube, where the Benelli's have theirs in a smaller tube that extends rearward into the stock.
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

reynolds243

Quote from: TrophyTracker on February 05, 2012, 10:01:39 PM
The 3500 has it's recoil spring over the magazine tube, where the Benelli's have theirs in a smaller tube that extends rearward into the stock.

i thought the Vinchi has the same system as the stoeger, could be wrong but i thought i had read it uses the exact same set up.

TrophyTracker

The Vinci has a different setup from the M2 and SBEII, which use the tube in the stock. The Vinci uses an smaller spring that is behind the bolt and contained in the reciever
http://www.benelliusa.com/innovations/inline-inertia-driven-system.php

This is the 3500's system
http://www.stoegerindustries.com/information/inertia-driven-system.php
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl