OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Listened in Louisiana this morning

Started by TANK, February 19, 2011, 01:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

Went this morning to listen, but didn't hear anything. I stayed in the woods scouting until about 10:00am and found ABUNCH of gobbler sign. I think this is the most I have ever seen around here..............I can't wait to feel those chills from that first gobble of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turkey slayer

mountman62

TANK, my son didn't hear any gobbles yesterday morning, but he did hear some hen yelping, we seen bout 12 birds also
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Reloader

I didn't hear a thing last Saturday.  We had birds in Jan on some of our best places, but after the two snows they left out.  I'm hoping they'll be back in the next couple of weeks.  I'll start scouting pretty hard next weekend as they should be getting in their spring patterns.

Gobble!

Quote from: TANK on February 19, 2011, 01:21:00 PM
Went this morning to listen, but didn't hear anything. I stayed in the woods scouting until about 10:00am and found ABUNCH of gobbler sign. I think this is the most I have ever seen around here..............I can't wait to feel those chills from that first gobble of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry is that different than hen sign?

TANK

Gobbler Tracks,  everywhere in the mud.

turkey slayer

I am going in the morning so hopefully I will have good news

Gobblerdn1

Got a friend that lives in Albany, La. He called me Friday morning while he was watching one strut and gobble in his back yard.

TANK

Albany is about 15 minutes from my house. If he needs a "turkey exterminator" I can help him out!!!!! lol

Gobblerdn1

TANK

Never hurts to do a little fishing...............good luck to ya this Spring!

bigjb

I listened Saturday with no luck as well.  It still got me fired up and ready to go.

VAHUNTER

there have been a few reports of Gobbling birds around here already  ;D ;D
Good things come to those who wait

furtracker

Been out several mornings in the last few weeks but no gobbles yet just yelps and kee kees.  .  We planted some winter rye last year and they are hittin it hard.  Found plenty big boy tracks.  Can't wait.