turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HEVI-13 PRICE HIKE??????

Started by bbcoach, January 24, 2012, 01:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

I didn't want to hijack Spuriosity's "HOLY PRICE HIKE BATMAN" post but I believe HEVI-13 has instititued a Price increase on their HEVI-13 Turkey loads.

I just logged on to MidSouth Shooters Supply and a few days ago MidSouth had 3 1/2 Hevis for $19.85 per box and they are now $28.05.  Their 3" were $17 and some change and they are $25.29 a box now.

If you are in the market for some Hevis for the upcoming season, you may want to find a merchant that has some at last years prices and buy them.

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hookedspur

Cheaper than dirt Warehouse B ,but you better hurry ;)
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

C J Stahly

Quote from: hookedspur on January 24, 2012, 02:17:40 PM
Cheaper than dirt Warehouse B ,but you better hurry ;)

Figure in their shipping + handling rates and you arent saving much if anything.  At least not to here. I just checked all their warehouse options and its 30.83 to get a box sent to me.

TauntoHawk

yeah I need to get over to Cheap than dirt and see what their shipping is to me and lock down some boxes. at least 2 seasons worth
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hookedspur

I know shipping is going up as well , I ordered 9 boxes 5 3.5" 12ga and 4 3" 20ga for a total of 16.95 a box to central Ohio.
I figure its only going to  get worse.
CRUSADERS

C J Stahly

Quote from: hookedspur on January 24, 2012, 02:54:12 PM
I know shipping is going up as well , I ordered 9 boxes 5 3.5" 12ga and 4 3" 20ga for a total of 16.95 a box to central Ohio.

Shipping was 16.95/box?? or you got the ammo for that price/box??  if its the latter of those, pm me with where you bought it from!

goblr77

I have enough inventory of the good lot 2.25 oz #7's to last me for years. Also bought some more 20ga rounds to play with a few weeks ago for a great price. After this price hike I will be holding on to what I have. There won't be as many paper targets killed as last year.

mcgruff1533

Probably increasing prices to cover revenue lost in the $10 rebate.     I stocked up on 10 boxes of Hevi 3-2-7 shells last year when I read that Tungsten prices were on the way up.

thundrchikin

I just ordered 4 boxes of 20ga. Mag-Blend from Cheaper than Dirt. Total $72.48 to WV

hookedspur

Quote from: C J Stahly on January 24, 2012, 03:09:39 PM
Quote from: hookedspur on January 24, 2012, 02:54:12 PM

Shipping was 16.95/box?? or you got the ammo for that price/box??  if its the latter of those, pm me with where you bought it from!
Thats what they ended up cost per box average from cheaper than dirt and there is a rebate . Max of 10.00 per house hold.
CRUSADERS

tyelper

try this place just looked they are right at 19-20 a box

www.rogerssportinggoods.com

TrophyTracker

The price of the materials that are used in the shells has gone way up(eg;Tungsten). The world metal market is  very volatile, and is hard to keep up with. In time, the cost of all shells made with these materials, from different mfg's will go up. More sooner than later.
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

TauntoHawk

you have to buy at least 4 boxes from cheap than dirt to even out the shipping cost and make it a good deal.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ghillie

Macks Prairie Wings has em for $17-19 a box..ordered 6 boxes a couple weeks ago..$119 total, no tax, free shipping for orders over $100...BTW the lot#'s were the "good ones"   :lol: