OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Being Courageous

Started by FttFttVroom!, January 23, 2012, 11:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FttFttVroom!

I just watched the movie "Courageous" this weekend at our church and God really has challenged me in my life as a father and husband.  If you are not familiar with the movie, it is produced by the same people who made "Fireproof" and "Facing the Giants."  It made me realize how important it is that we be real men, Godly men for our families, our friends, coworkers etc. to look up to. 

Just recently, I've been dealing with my language in the workplace and what kind of example I am setting as a Christian man.  What are people going to think about being Christian if I am no different than them?  We are supposed to be different.  I talked to a co-worker about holding me accountable for my actions so that I can improve in this area.  I shared this with my wife tonight after our devotional and thought I'd share it with you too. 

I just want to ask for your prayers that I can be courageous and be a good witness for God in my workplace and community. 

dlquinn

With life swirling so fast around us its hard to not just react and sometimes make a situation worse. It takes a strong man to stop, think and make the right choice or say the right words. That strength comes from Jesus and the examples he gave us.

I struggle with this and find myself sometimes having come back and apologize or admit that I did not handle things right...but I learn from each mistake made and think I am doing a better job than a year ago.

Sending prayers your way from California...Stay strong, stay in the word and stand for whats right.  :jesus-cross:
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

redarrow

Prayers my Brother.Perhaps my biggest struggle is my tongue as well. I pray to be more like Christ each day then stumble when I'm around non Christian.

BOFF

Prayers for you to be the worker and example God has called you to be.

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

My prayers are with you brother, I think we all struggle from time to time with our tongue, so hang in there.

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)