OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A very good time

Started by misfire, January 23, 2012, 10:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

Had a fantastic time in Stuttgart this past week, I cant thank my buddy Doug and his family enough. We didnt kill a ton of birds, but it was one of the best times I have had hunting. Had many "firsts" for the week. Got my first speck Sunday morning ( great tasting bird), got to see a kid kill his first ever duck, a true TROPHY, banded pintail drake with a superlong sprig, first snipe, firt hen pheasant ( got her with my truck :D ) first timber hunt and my first trip to Bayou Meto. The sunsets were spectacular, and the companionship even better

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

drenalinld

Great pics! That is some of God's country for sure. Not as many ducks this year. That kid is ruined. A banded pintail drake for the first kill!!!

CSAW

misfire

Quote from: drenalinld on January 23, 2012, 10:14:55 AM
Great pics! That is some of God's country for sure. Not as many ducks this year. That kid is ruined. A banded pintail drake for the first kill!!!

Thats what I was hearing, but I can GUARANTEE there were more birds in Bayou Meto than the entire state of GA! We will do it again next year around the same time and hopefully it will be even better.
Funny thing is, the guy I went with grew up there. Up till this week he had never killed a green wing teal, pintail or woodduck. He did get the hen pintail that was with the drake, a stud of a drake woodie and a really nice GWT

www.misfiregamecalls.net

MDbowman

Gotta love the variety! Birds and hunt locations!  Great pics.

timberjack86

UncleCaruncle

Awesome pictures and it sounds like plenty of great memories.  I haven't hunted ducks a lot but definitely want to take in a hunt in Stuttgart some day.  Lots of water but very few ducks this year in my area (western So.Dak.) and same thing when I hunted with a friend in southern Missouri.  Not sure where they all were, but had to be a ton of 'em somewhere!

savduck

Lee, glad you got to make it out there. Congrats on your trip.
Georgia Boy

ghillie

SAAAWEEEET!!   Lookie that sprig!!  Dang nice!!  Going on the wall??  I bet those late season woodies in full plume were a site for your eyes!!  Love the pics!!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

turkey slayer

Thats awesome! congrats to the young man! thats one heck of a 1st duck!

misfire

Quote from: ghillie on January 24, 2012, 10:25:49 AM
SAAAWEEEET!!   Lookie that sprig!!  Dang nice!!  Going on the wall??  I bet those late season woodies in full plume were a site for your eyes!!  Love the pics!!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Already at the taxidermist. He was in the blind posting pictures on Facebook just minutes after the shot.
And the woodies were premium. My buddy killed his first ever drake in the flooded timber Thursday and it is headed to the taxidermist next weekend, plus his first ever GWT

www.misfiregamecalls.net