turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Foggy Morning Buck

Started by CASH, January 22, 2012, 07:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

Spent the weekend in W. Alabama doing some deer hunting with my brother-in-law, T-town, and some beaver damn busting/beaver killing/duck hunting with T-town, Hardcore, Flydown, and Birdie. 

The ducks weren't flying good, but I did manage to bust a nice male beaver in the head.  (Don't have pics yet).

This morning it was in the high 40's, a light wind, and extremely foggy.  I could only see about 50 yards in front of the stand.  I was hunting a rolling pasture where the deer travel from wood line to wood line.

After sunrise I could see blobs moving through the pasture.  The binos and scope were useless at this point.  I had to use my peripheral vision to see the deer move.  At one point  this buck got close enough that I could only tell it was a buck because he was trotting and sniffing the ground.  As he got closer I could see him run into the wood line.  A few minutes later I could see 3 or 4 blobs in the pasture that I assumed were doe.

At about 6:50, the fog had burned off enough that I could see about 100 yards out.  This buck had gone back out into the pasture at some point and gotten turned back towards the wood line again trailing another doe.  As he got close enough that I could see him through my scope, I could see the right side of his rack.  I could tell it was tall, but not enough detail to tell what he was point wise.  We had seen this buck numerous times this weekend.  He even chased a doe in front of the truck twice this morning as we were driving in.  T-town had observed him chasing does many times over the past two weeks.  He was one horny dude.   :lol:

He turned out to be a nice six point.  I don't deer hunt very much, so this will be my only deer this season, but I couldn't be more pleased.  Thanks bro for some good hunting this weekend.

This was about an hour after I shot him and it's still foggy

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

drenalinld

That's a nice buck. His doggin days are done!

njdevilsb

That's a heck of a 6 point.  Congrats.  Besides not being able to see much, there's something cool about hunting in the fog to me.  I especially love a foggy morning Spring Turkey Hunt.

dlquinn

Definately a nice looking six...congrats  :fud:
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

hookedspur

Thats a HOG of a 6 pt. Congrats. :fud:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

BOFF

WOOOOIIIEEEEEE!!

Nice buck!!!

Congrats to ya!!

God Bless,
David B.

Flydown

Great buck Bob! Congrats buddy! Now hurry up and post some pictures of that beaver! ;D

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Houndstooth Game Calls

That's one fine 6pnt congrats!! Now I know why I ain't heard from flydown he's been a huntin!! :icon_thumright:

turkey slayer

Thats one man of a 6 point!

vaturkey

Congrats Cash !  Great Buck !   :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

timberjack86

Old Gobbler

That's a VERY nice one Bob !!!!!!!  we never get anything close to something like that -- Congrats again !!!  
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

HARDCORE

Great buck Bob, you were way over due! Sorry we couldn't put you on one at our place.

Thanks again to you and Dave for the time you put in helping us with those damn dams, it's a never ending battle.

Oh yeah, hurry up with the beaver pics already, WE WANT TO SEE BEAVER!

HC