OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

VersaMax chokes?

Started by Thegobblergetter, January 22, 2012, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thegobblergetter

Does anyone know what turkey chokes are available for the VM?  If so, what loads and chokes work best?  Anybody??  Thanks.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Thegobblergetter on January 22, 2012, 07:31:18 PM
Does anyone know what turkey chokes are available for the VM?  If so, what loads and chokes work best?  Anybody??  Thanks.

As you know, the Versa Max has an overbored barrel. It has taken a while for some manufacturers to offer chokes for that gun. At one time turkey chokes were a special order (custom) item and I've sold about 20 of them with a .660 exit diameter. The lead time was several weeks and the price was, in my opinion, excessive. Pure Gold now offers those chokes as a stock item with a .670 exit diameter.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

SumToy

This was with the VM.  The ProBore has been out for a few years.  It was in the STS Clay guns and the G3.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Thegobblergetter

Sumtoy, was that pattern a 10" circle?  I'm sure it is.  Also, what choke were you using?  Barrel length, too?  Thanks,  John 

fallsflight

SumToy, not to change the subject on the turkey chokes for the VM, but do you have any pictures of patterns shot with a VM with your waterfowl chokes?   I normally shoot Fed Speed Shok or Remington Sportsman in #2s and/or #4s.
Thanks.

SumToy

It was a 660 choke.  Now we did shoot a few but will need to look to find the patterns. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA