turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Woooo, Pig, Sooie! The hunt is on!

Started by lightsoutcalls, January 22, 2012, 11:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

After 6 weeks of trail camera monitoring and corn feeding, I found this pic (along with about 150 more of pigs and another 140 or so of everything from crows to bobcats to coyotes to coons to cottontails). They have only missed one night since they started hitting the 2 foot deep posthole of corn.  They have opened the hole from about 8" across to about a 3' wide inverted volcano in the mud.  I added another 40 lbs of corn yesterday before noon and plan to be back tonight with a popup blind and a buddy to wait them out.

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

harvester

boomer

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

drenalinld

barry

FullChoke

I am so sorry for you.  While having another big game animal on your property might sound good at first, a pork producing factory that breeds in overdrive is probably not what you wanted. Their sheer destructiveness can hardly be accurately described. No amount of sausage can compensate for the roto-tilling pandemonium they will turn loose on your carefully planted food plots.

I'm not kidding, get them off of your property as fast as you can and by any means that you have available.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Hognutz

Have fun.. The only good pig, is a dead pig.. :fud:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

turkey slayer

runngun

Kill'em all. Fast as you can. They will ruin a good place as fast as they can.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: FullChoke on January 22, 2012, 01:45:01 PMI am so sorry for you.  While having another big game animal on your property might sound good at first, a pork producing factory that breeds in overdrive is probably not what you wanted. Their sheer destructiveness can hardly be accurately described. No amount of sausage can compensate for the roto-tilling pandemonium they will turn loose on your carefully planted food plots.
I'm not kidding, get them off of your property as fast as you can and by any means that you have available.
Quote from: runngun on January 22, 2012, 04:37:58 PM
Kill'em all. Fast as you can. They will ruin a good place as fast as they can.
Quote from: Hognutz on January 22, 2012, 01:49:28 PM
Have fun.. The only good pig, is a dead pig.. :fud:
The guys are right. Pigs will ruin your land and run off the rest of the game animals. They compete for the same food, they are aggressive and they are destructive. My Dad has 8 acres here in Florida, and had deer, turkeys and hogs on it. Then he let his lawn guy start hunting it with his kids. The guy brought in feeders, and the hogs came to it like white on rice. Within a month, we only got pics of hogs on his game cams. No more deer, no more turkeys. And they are tearing up the woods. I have talked to Dad and the lawn guy about this. Hopefully he will pull the feeders in a month or two.
Follow these guys' advise. Kill them all!!! And stop putting out corn to attract them! (unless you want the hogs there)

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

Old Gobbler

They are a nuisance and pest in Florida - I cant stand them they cause too much damage to the property

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

handcannon

Aint no denying they are blowing up into one of our biggest problems in the nation. Not nearly enough people do their part to try and take them out when given the opportunity. Best of luck to you.