turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington ShurShot Stock

Started by Solid Snake, February 19, 2011, 08:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solid Snake

For all those who have a shurshot stock/forend do you like it? I'm thinking about putting one on my stock 870. It looks pretty simple to put on...is it? Anything else I need to order when I buy or does it come with everything I need?

bird

hookedspur

I like the one on my 12 wish I had one on my 20.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Solid Snake

Quote from: bird on February 19, 2011, 08:32:47 AM
I'm still waiting to see if anyone is going to try the new Black Hawk Talon stock

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Talon-Thumbhole-Shotgun-Stock,1514,165.htm

That's pretty cool looking....now only if it came in MO Obsession haha

Solid Snake

Quote from: JohnDoe on February 19, 2011, 09:01:15 AM
Do It. It will feel odd for a minute then you will wonder why you didnt get one sooner. If you use it with just your vent rib bead you may have to shim it  down just a touch but if you use a set of sights or optics it will help get your head up.

John

Thanks for the input John - I'm gonna order one...it definitely seems like a good upgrade for $70. I just use my bead so thanks for the heads up on possibly having to shim it.

BigPeck215

i have 4 of them and they are excellent stocks, i would recommend them to anyone. everything that you need is included.  however if you are going to shoot a factory bead then you will need to shim the stock.

renegade19

I like mine.  Feels a little different at first but that went away fast.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

boggszilla

ncturkey

ncturkey

I put the Shurshot stock on my 11-87 and love it. There are some directions for the removal and installation on the 870 forearm rails. I will search and see if I can find the info. for ya. Here is a pic of mine.                                                                                                                                                    

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bhanks55

I may be the one person that doesnt like them. I have them for 3 of my guns and took them all off this year. I love how they feel to hold and shoot but they are annoying as heck to me on my shoulder or packing my gun all over the world running and gunning. That extra part of the stock just gets in my way or intermittently is uncomfortable. Not worth it for me. May change my mind later, but I doubt it. They are comfortable to hold, shoot, and cool to look at though.

S.C.C

Quote from: bhanks55 on February 19, 2011, 11:45:52 PM
I may be the one person that doesnt like them. I have them for 3 of my guns and took them all off this year. I love how they feel to hold and shoot but they are annoying as heck to me on my shoulder or packing my gun all over the world running and gunning. That extra part of the stock just gets in my way or intermittently is uncomfortable. Not worth it for me. May change my mind later, but I doubt it. They are comfortable to hold, shoot, and cool to look at though.
:agreed:  Don't feel alone!!! :lol:

bird

Quote from: bhanks55 on February 19, 2011, 11:45:52 PM

I wondered about that as being a drawback to the stock.  It does look like it would jab ya if you carry it with a sling.