OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

purring can .... pappy...SOLD...SOLD...SOLD

Started by pappy, January 20, 2012, 06:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

sweet spalted maple purrin' can.... made this today, stands 2 - 1/2" tall and has a slate surface with a poplar striker in the lid. 35.00 plus 6.00 for shipping, pm me...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

She's a beauty for sure!!!

God Bless,
David B.

ddturkeyhunter

Is this a new idea or have I just been sleeping for years or something. Any way how dose it work do you take it a part and use the stick on the bottom of the slate. Or do you leave it together and turn it inside, I know the purr is suppose to be quite but how loud is it, I know it hard to describe just curious. I might have to call you to hear it you got my curiosity going not that I need another call. But that looks interesting, I am glade I checked out this part of the web site, never been in here before.

pappy

This type of call was made years ago, Wisor and Latham and others made them. The call is opened and the bottom flipped over and you ran the peg over the slate like you would a pot caller or jet slate call. My call is different in that I incorperated a soundboard inside, this offers a better sound in my opinion. Yes it is a purrin' machine, and it is quiet, but it can do everything a pot call can, just in a smaller and more quieter version. You have the striker and call all in one......
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

ddturkeyhunter

That sure would be nice for that early morning tree call when its hard to keep it toned down. I am thinking, if I hadn't spent so much yesterday three new camo pants, five shirts and a new pair of low boot, I need new snake boots also yet. Some one else might buy it and solve my problem, I know you cam make another but then the pressure will be off. And if I don't check back into this call site (hard to do) I will maybe for get about it. Its hard to miss something you have never had but it hard for some turkey hunters to pass up gadgets.

TheWidowMaker