OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bill for sunday hunting in Va. is passed !

Started by vaturkey, January 19, 2012, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBiologist

Quote from: chatterbox on January 21, 2012, 11:25:04 AM
There is no better way to celebrate the Sabbath then to watch the sun break over a beautiful green field, sitting beneath your favorite tree, then to hear a choir of longbeards sound off.
Enjoying a favorite pastime should not be denied because of the day.

The Sabbath is Saturday.  Christians are supposed to give the "first" to God.  That is why Sunday is when we go to church and sunday is also the first day of the week.  The jews kept the Sabbath (The final day when  the Lord rested) which is the last day of the week.  THE SABBATH IS NOT SUNDAY.  It is saturday.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

chatterbox

Quote from: LaBiologist on January 21, 2012, 11:04:59 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on January 21, 2012, 11:25:04 AM
There is no better way to celebrate the Sabbath then to watch the sun break over a beautiful green field, sitting beneath your favorite tree, then to hear a choir of longbeards sound off.
Enjoying a favorite pastime should not be denied because of the day.

The Sabbath is Saturday.  Christians are supposed to give the "first" to God.  That is why Sunday is when we go to church and sunday is also the first day of the week.  The jews kept the Sabbath (The final day when  the Lord rested) which is the last day of the week.  THE SABBATH IS NOT SUNDAY.  It is saturday.
I was taught it was Sunday. Forgive my ignorance.

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Neill_Prater

I am, truly, happy for you guys. We've always been able to hunt on Sunday here, and I just can't imagine not being able to. For a working stiff, time in the woods is always hard to come by, and eliminating the one day that the majority of people are off just never seemed right to me. Neill

Holston

Don't get too excited yet.

Dog groups have been our biggest opponent for a long time now.  They lobby the general assembly, and have enough money and members to sway a vote.

I'm really hoping it'll pass this time, but I haven't got all my hopes up yet.

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

wvboy

Quote from: Holston on January 22, 2012, 03:25:16 PM
Don't get too excited yet.

Dog groups have been our biggest opponent for a long time now.  They lobby the general assembly, and have enough money and members to sway a vote.

I'm really hoping it'll pass this time, but I haven't got all my hopes up yet.

From my understanding this bill was amended to exclude the hunting of deer with dogs.. so the deer doggers will definately be against it I would think.. I hate to see any group excluded, but at the same time I hate that they have stood against it for so long and they made their bed with the HSUS long ago, Karma is a funny thing..

hope it passes but I am not getting my hopes up yet..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Vaturkeyhntr

ABOUT TIME!!!!! eventhough sunday was my one day to get a least a little bit of sleep during turkey season, i surely wouldnt mind a couple extra five hour energy's!!!!

HogBiologist

Sorry about all caps, but again, christians give the firsts to God.  I.E. first 10%, etc.  That is why Christians go to church on the first day of the week.  The Sabbath is the end of the week.  It is the day of rest.  THe Seventh day when God rested after creating the World.  That is why it is considered the Sabbath.  Saturday is the last day of the week.  Sunday is the first.  Jesus comanded us to give the first to God, and also to observe the Sabbath.  That is why in thses modern times Christians Go to church on Sunday (the First day of the week) and rest on Saturday (the last).  Monday is not the beginning of the week and sunday is not the Last day.

HogBiologist

Please forgive me, as I am not trying to argue and tone of voice cannot be heard online, but just because 99% of people believe something does not make it so.