Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bill for sunday hunting in Va. is passed !

Started by vaturkey, January 19, 2012, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

Bill was passed today for Sunday hunting here in Va. Now headed to the General Assembly !

:newmascot:
Vaturkey

stinkpickle

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

Trevor2

Congrats! They shouldn't be able to say what days of the week you can hunt any ways.
Strutstopper

BowBendr

God bless 'em. Now I'll get more bang for my buck at our lease up there.
Hope it passes.  :icon_thumright:

Hognutz

Isn't anything sacred, anymore??  What's next, drinkin' hard liquor on Sunday. When will the madness stop??? :D
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

HogBiologist

Hey, hognutz, jesus made munkeydine wine didnt he?  They said it was the best.  HEHE, I think hunting on sunday should be fine.  After all, Saturday is the sabath. 
Certified Wildlife Biologist

BOFF

RaspyD

As a Virginia resident and lifelong hunter, I'm still not sure how I really feel about the whole Sunday hunting issue.  Part of me hopes it never passes but then there's a part of me that wouldn't mind seeing it pass.

I will admit that I would be suprised if it did pass.  We were one vote away from getting the use of rifles for turkey hunting made illegal a few years ago so conventional wisdom doesn't always apply here.

Perfection Turkey Calls

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Gobble on Sunday.  Strut with a full fan on Sunday. Take some nitros to the face on Sunday.

I respect each hunter's right to decide how and what recreations, if any, they choose to pursue on Sunday.  I don't like someone mandating what I can and can't do on mine.

BOFF

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on January 20, 2012, 10:17:44 AM

I respect each hunter's right to decide how and what recreations, if any, they choose to pursue on Sunday.  I don't like someone mandating what I can and can't do on mine.

Well written.

God Bless,
David B.

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

GOLD HUNTER

For those who might not have heard, a Senate committee today passed a bill that would allow Virginians to hunt on private land and public waters. The vote was 11-4.

This doesn't mean the bill will sail through the General Assembly. But this is the first time any Sunday hunting bill has gotten even this far.

Lets get it passed  :icon_thumright:

Brian

rempumpman

I live in Arkansas where Sunday hunting has always been legal; I am the one who makes a choice to hunt or not on that day; people have said" well, that's the Lord's day" all I can say to that is the last time I checked, EVERYDAY is the Lord's day; if one wants to hunt on Sunday, then it should be that persons choice and not the local, state, or federal goverments choice; I hope it passes with flying colors;

One more thing if I may, always give thanks to the Good Lord no matter what day it is; always be thankful

:jesus-cross:
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

chatterbox

There is no better way to celebrate the Sabbath then to watch the sun break over a beautiful green field, sitting beneath your favorite tree, then to hear a choir of longbeards sound off.
Enjoying a favorite pastime should not be denied because of the day.