OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lead Sled Repair

Started by mossybird, February 19, 2011, 07:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossybird

Hey I was out shooting my turkey gun on my Lead Sled the other day and i took my 2nd shot and I got up and went to  the target. Well the pattern was great. I got back to the bench and there was little black beads everywhere. At first I thought it was something from the shells. But turns out when the 3.5 recoiled, the pump jumped back and cut the bag open. I got some duct tape holding it together right now but im wondering do Caldwell make a replacement for that front bag? Ive looked everywhere online and Gander said they didnt have em. Thanks for your help.

Kevin

hookedspur

I dont know if they make one or not ,I just use old shot bags full of sand.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Mailman

you might have to rig up some kind of little sand bag then zip strip to sled. I saw "Birds" get ripped off from his by the pump also. It tore the straps.
One Shot One Kill

mossybird

I think im gonna stick with the duct tape rig right now. Found a replacement and they wanted 50$ for that. I Told them it was  rediculous! For as long as the duct tape stays up ill be shooting it.Thanks for all your suggestions.

Kevin

GOLD HUNTER

Give caldwell a call, they may have some for sale .

brian

GOLD HUNTER

Quote from: mossybird on February 19, 2011, 08:07:46 AM
I think im gonna stick with the duct tape rig right now. Found a replacement and they wanted 50$ for that. I Told them it was  rediculous! For as long as the duct tape stays up ill be shooting it.Thanks for all your suggestions.

Kevin

$50.00 !!!! :o :cross2:

mossybird

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on February 19, 2011, 08:10:54 AM
Quote from: mossybird on February 19, 2011, 08:07:46 AM

Kevin
YEAH! A local store had one $48.99!

Kevin

mossybird

pitjeep

cut off some old blue jean pants legs fill them & sew them up.