News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hooks diaphragms

Started by bunk, January 18, 2012, 09:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRules

Devastator

all 3 of the new mouth calls rock,along with my favorite from the last few years the devastator.the new ceramic pot sounds great too.

gooblnfever

been looking at these and glad to see all good things being said.

StruttinGobbler3

Have the Executioner, Devastator, Shockwave, and Persuader. All four are pure turkey. I have a special fondness for the Persuader, as i called in and shot two mature gobblers with it the first two days i had the call. Scott is the best callmaker I've ever done business with and goes out of his way to be accomodating. I will be placing an order for all three new diaphragms and a couple of the older ones as well. You can't go wrong running a Hooks mouth call.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

FttFttVroom!

Favorite is the executioner, gonna try the enforcer and executioner 2 this year

ddturkeyhunter

I bought three last year for the first time and they all sounded great I suppose I will be buying a half dozen this year to see if i can find a favorite

headcrusher

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all the kinds words. We try really hard to make good products and provide good customer service.

I don't get to come onto OG very much these days. It seems a lot of folks, including myself,  have got gobblin turkeys on their mind. We are already really busy and we are so thankful for that.

If any of you have any questions I do check my pm's about every morning.

You can always go to the contact page of our website and send an email to the contact link because all those come straight to me.

You can give me a call at the office as well but there are rumors floating around that I like to talk so you have been warned! :TooFunny:

Thanks again,
Scott

mdtkyhntr

I like the Sassy Gal II and III the best, but I've also killed birds with the Executioner and a bunch of the others. These calls are truly amazing and sound great.

TauntoHawk

How do you guys feel about ordering Hooks calls from midwest turkey supply.. Last year I got em right from scott and was planning this year to asking if I could trouble him for some different colored tapes so i could tell them apart in the dark easier but I also was thinking of trying a few other mouth calls from other makers (they deserve at least a chance) and thought I could save on shipping by getting them all from midwest rather than paying 3 or 4 shippings straight from the makers.

I remember last year I thread about someone who kept getting calls from midwest that would fall apart because they were old and not stored well.. any one have trouble before?
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bunk

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try to make it to Nashville. Maybe I can pic some up.

headcrusher

Quote from: TauntoHawk on January 20, 2012, 08:24:29 AM
I remember last year I thread about someone who kept getting calls from midwest that would fall apart because they were old and not stored well.. any one have trouble before?

Actually if my memory serves me correctly it was not Midwest Turkey Call Supply that the calls in question came from. George runs a top notch operation and fully understands the storage needs of diaphragms.

If you are refering to a thread about our diaphragms the issue was 2 calls that the reeds ripped on, not calls falling apart. The problem had nothing to do with the retailer they were bought from. I am not sure exactly what happened to those calls that caused them to rip but I replaced them for the customer.

Oh and we can make calls with different colored tape if you would like.

bird

Quote from: headcrusher on January 21, 2012, 10:10:48 AM

I heard CASH say that he wanted some done in Pink and some in Lavender.

Trevor2

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on January 19, 2012, 10:59:18 PM
Have the Executioner, Devastator, Shockwave, and Persuader. All four are pure turkey. I have a special fondness for the Persuader, as i called in and shot two mature gobblers with it the first two days i had the call. Scott is the best callmaker I've ever done business with and goes out of his way to be accomodating. I will be placing an order for all three new diaphragms and a couple of the older ones as well. You can't go wrong running a Hooks mouth call.

I only have the persuador and I called in my first two gobblers with a diaphragm last year. I love this lil call. Gonna order another one soon, just in case something happens to my other one.
Strutstopper

turkaholic

This past year I learned about Hooks calls from this site and became a believer. My favorite flavor is the executioner. I shot 2 gobblers last year with it in my mouth. I also used the devastator and it sounds awsome. I had to buy several because the reeds would stick together and the sound was not of the quality it was a first. I would carry water and rinse after every use, because I needed that sound. The tone  is next to none. I got my calls from Midwest but listening to how Scott takes care of his customers I need to talk to him. I like the different tape color idea, sounds like a good deal. I also gave his cedar crystal pot a run and it now goes where I go. Tryed the Harrison crow cuz all u guys rave about it. Works for me!
live to hunt hunt to live

TauntoHawk

thanks Crusher, couldnt remember or find the thread in a search definitely not trying to put anyones business down. Ive been looking over their calls the last few days and they have an excellent collection of custom calls from boxes, pots, and pages upon pages of mouth calls.

Quote from: headcrusher on January 21, 2012, 10:10:48 AM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on January 20, 2012, 08:24:29 AM

Actually if my memory serves me correctly it was not Midwest Turkey Call Supply that the calls in question came from. George runs a top notch operation and fully understands the storage needs of diaphragms.

If you are refering to a thread about our diaphragms the issue was 2 calls that the reeds ripped on, not calls falling apart. The problem had nothing to do with the retailer they were bought from. I am not sure exactly what happened to those calls that caused them to rip but I replaced them for the customer.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>