OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli M2 Questions

Started by GSLAM95, January 18, 2012, 07:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSLAM95

I originally purchased an M2 20 gauge to let the youth hunters shoot when I take one out.  After patterning this gun with a .555 Indian creek tube and shooting Hevi 13 #6 in the 3" 1 1/4 oz load I have been well satisfied.
My questions are:
1) Has anyone installed a Burris speed bead on this set-up and if so how do you like it?

2) Is anyone shooting the Federal Heavyweight out of this gun?  If so what brand tube are you using and is the performance worth the price since the shells are twice that of the load I am shooting now?

3) Is anyone shooting TSS out of this gun, if so tell us your specifics please.

I was strictly bow hunting birds for quite a few years but I took this little gun out myself and killed a couple of birds with it as well in the last two seasons.  It is a joy to carry and shoots well, just wondering if it is worth while to think about some changes.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

hookedspur

Try a Hevi 13 #7 in the 3" 1 1/4 oz load in it thats the set up I shoot ,the nitro 7s are even better in it.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

rem 300

I am shooting the M2 with the Indian Creek .555 with the tss #9s 2.75" load and it is awesome, at 40 I am getting 330 in the magical 10" circle.. It is a little to tight for hunting sometimes but it sure does look good on paper...

GSLAM95

Has anyone tried the Burris Speedbead on the M20?

capt_hooks

I have one with a Burris Fastfire mounted on one with a weaver style mount. I also have one mounted on my SBE with a Marlin 336 mount which i like better as it sits lower.

XCBlur

I called Burris and they said they did not have a model SpeedBead for any 20 ga.  Capt. Hooks, did you get a gunsmith to drill and tap your receiver on your M2 20ga., and which weaver mount did you use?  Could you post a pic?  Thanks.  I am interested because I am planning on buying a lightweight 20 ga. for this season, and the M2 is my first choice right now, but I am still undecided since the receiver is not drilled and tapped, and I want to mount a Holo type sight, or possibly a red dot scope.  I have looked at the DaMar Scope mount, and it looks pretty sweet.

hookedspur

Quote from: XCBlur on January 24, 2012, 05:42:06 AM
I called Burris and they said they did not have a model SpeedBead for any 20 ga.  Capt. Hooks, did you get a gunsmith to drill and tap your receiver on your M2 20ga., and which weaver mount did you use?  Could you post a pic?  Thanks.  I am interested because I am planning on buying a lightweight 20 ga. for this season, and the M2 is my first choice right now, but I am still undecided since the receiver is not drilled and tapped, and I want to mount a Holo type sight, or possibly a red dot scope.  I have looked at the DaMar Scope mount, and it looks pretty sweet.
My M2 is drilled from the factory
CRUSADERS

GSLAM95

Unfortunately mine is not drilled and tapped either and it is only 2 years old.  I wonder when they started drilling and tapping them?  I don't know if I want to have mine done or not, may just have to leave well enough alone as she is a killer the way she is.  I was just thinking about making it even more fool proof, especially for the youngsters I take out.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS

Mainer

Aim Tech does not make saddle mounts nor rib riders for the M2 20 gauge, been down this route a few years back.

XCBlur

Just had my local gs drill/tap my M2 receiver, and this weekend will be putting a new nikon monarch turkey scope on it!

sawtooth

Quote from: rem 300 on January 19, 2012, 09:59:23 PM
I am shooting the M2 with the Indian Creek .555 with the tss #9s 2.75" load and it is awesome, at 40 I am getting 330 in the magical 10" circle.. It is a little to tight for hunting sometimes but it sure does look good on paper...

are you seriously shooting #9's at a turkey?  I know the pattern looks great but so would #17's.  Come on at some point its about energy not just how many holes you can put in a piece of paper.

Brent

are you seriously shooting #9's at a turkey?  I know the pattern looks great but so would #17's.  Come on at some point its about energy not just how many holes you can put in a piece of paper.
[/quote]

The TSS 9's he's shooting have the same amount of energy as a lead 4, according to people here who have done the research.

WyoHunter

I have a B-Square Cantilever rib mount on my Beretta Urika 20 ga. It mounts to the rib and extends back over the receiver.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/352312/b-square-universal-cantilever-shotgun-scope-mount-with-ribs-up-to-3-8-matte
This looks like the same mount but cheaper.
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Shotgun-Rib-Cantilever-Mount/dp/B004LYAS0S
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

01Foreman400

Here is mine with a Burris 336 mount and Docter sight.

Huntin Fool From Georgia!