OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Danner Pronghorn Snake Boots

Started by agturkey, January 17, 2012, 10:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Well rebates, club points, gift card, and rebate card $240 of free Danner Pronghorn snake boots are on route to my door step.  Hope they turn out be good!

Leader

Turkeykiller12

I am hoping to have a pair slapped on my feet before turkey season! I've heard nothing but good things about these boots and for the price, they better be good ones! :you_rock:

agturkey

Tried three pairs of others all leaked in less than year and rocky nor basspro stood behind them.  Between danner and cabelas I have no doubt they get replaced if problems occurs!

Turkeykiller12

I too have had a bad experience with the red head "basspro" snake boots. Mine leaked bad. Put blisters on my feet too. Ive got a good pair regular hunting boots now that irish setter made. Those are some great light weight boots but I feel I need a snake boot during turkey season.

ddturkeyhunter

Is that a zipper stile boot or lace.

Flydown

I have had my Danners for 4 years now and I have never worn anything better. Very comfortable and DRY! I will replace them with another pair of Danners when these bite the dust! My boots are just as important as my gun.

BOFF

Quote from: ddturkeyhunter on January 17, 2012, 10:52:14 PM
Is that a zipper stile boot or lace.

Lace.

Talkd with a Danner rep today after he commented on my boots being Danner when I walked by him.

Asked if Danner was going to make a side zip snake boot, and he said no, since Lacrosse already makes one.

He did mention the Danner Pronghorns are going be made in the U.S.A. though!!  :icon_thumright:

God Bless,
David B.

Old Gobbler

for what its worth , I wear crocs - :fire:
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

TNBIRD

HoggleGobble

In my opinion, they are the best Snake boots on the Market. You can not go wrong with these boots. I have been through SEVERAL snake boots. I like the feel of Rocky's but have been through 2 pair in four years. These seem to be the real deal and this will be either there 3rd or 4th spring coming up, with no problems whatsoever!!!

deerhunt1988

Bought a pair before my spring 2010 season. By the time my 2 1/2 months season was over, they were no longer waterproof. Not pleased.

Wingbone

Have'em, Love'em!

I've tried Rocky (zip side..2 pairs) and LaCrosse, and all of them are "one season boots." LaCrosse did hold up slightly better than the Rocky, but still wore out/leaked by the end of a 45 day season.

Danner Pronghorns...had'em 3 years and they are still good as new. They are high priced up front, but considering I was averaging $130/yr for snake boots, the Danner's pay for themselves in two years. I'm hoping I can get at least four seasons out of this pair, but since they still look new and are leak-free, I suspect I'll get more.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

RS

I'm in the market for some new snakeboots. How are the Danners sized?  The reason I ask is because I normally wear a sz. 12 boot, but the Cabela's brand pair I got last summer were 12s but are too big for me.  I got a good bit of foot pain from trying to wear them last fall.

stinkpickle

Quote from: RS on January 18, 2012, 11:18:22 AM
I'm in the market for some new snakeboots. How are the Danners sized?  The reason I ask is because I normally wear a sz. 12 boot, but the Cabela's brand pair I got last summer were 12s but are too big for me.  I got a good bit of foot pain from trying to wear them last fall.

You'll definitely want to go somewhere to try 'em on.  Mine ran a size larger than my standard Pronghorns.