turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Eddie Salter leaves HS

Started by CASH, January 17, 2012, 05:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

Eddie Salter has posted on his FB page that he has left HS after 16 years.  He is now with Down n Dirty Outdoors.  He will be at their booth in Nashville.

I wonder if he took the Squealing Hen with him??????
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

bird

Come on boy..... Squeal like a hen!   :TooFunny:

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Eric Gregg

neal

Well if he did it'll be the end of HS!  :TooFunny:
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Beretta686

Just went to their web page and he is listed as call development/video production
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

CASH

Quote from: Beretta686 on January 17, 2012, 05:46:41 PM
Just went to their web page and he is listed as call development/video production

He's not listed on DnD's site yet.

I copied this from his FB page.

OK. After about 16 years at Hunter specialtie I've decided to change hats. I've moved over to Down n Dirty Outdoors. Sorry i havent been on here much lately i have been busy work out my move. Come by and see me at the  in Nashville at the Down n Dirty booth.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001241771218

Beretta686

Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

CASH

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Wish him the best in the new pursuit.

CASH

Aside from my disdain for the Squealing Hen, I like Eddie Salter.  He is an icon in the turkey hunting community.

Back in 2000-2003 I ran a route in Evergreen, AL where he's from.  This was before I got into turkey hunting so I really didn't know who he was at the time. 

I did however, deal with some of his kin folk on a weekly basis.  Got to know them fairly well.  I remember them talking about him and at one time they asked if I turkey hunt, I said no and they told me they'd try to introduce me to him.  It didn't mean much at the time, but looking back it would have been cool to meet him and possibly hunt with him.

Hognutz

I met him at the Iowa Deer and Turkey Classic a few years ago. I went to one of hs seminars, and even bought a call from him. He is a very nice, easy to talk to, kind of guy. I like Eddie Salter, and will look forward to seeing him at his new venture, sans the Squeeling Hen thingy..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

ctwny1

All the big name guys in the industry, There is only two guys that if you turned them loose, there wouldn't be a animal alive because there
that good. On their worse day nobody and I mean nobody could carry their shoes. These two guys are Eddie Salter and Harold Knight. I've hunted with both of them numberous times and I mean to tell yea, their both salt of the earth guys. Best of Luck Eddie and you need anything here in NY just let me know.

drenalinld

He had me at the first celebratory owl hoot!! Met him once in a Kroger parking lot. Called my buddy who was videoing hunts trying to get into the industry. Eddie spent two hours talking to us looking at our footage and offering tips, advice, great stories, and listening intently to ours. A nicer guy I have never met. Would hunt with him any day. Hope he leaves squealer with Strut.

OLE RASPY

DND  is just down the road from me sounds like eddie will be a good addition to the team. I know one guy from dnd and hes a super nice guy. :icon_thumright: