turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's your preference?

Started by Ol'Mossy, January 16, 2012, 07:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol'Mossy

When hunting for turkeys (spring or fall) what's your go to call?

Personally I like a mouth call the best but will use a friction call on occassion.

In the spring i'll use a triple reed for rasp, in the fall i'll use a double reed for

using the kee kee run.

rebelman

I've found I sound the best on slate.

ElkTurkMan

My go to is usually a pot call of some kind.  Either Crystal or Copper, just depends.

Crappiepro

In the spring I like to work them in with a slate or aluminum pot and then finish them off with the mouth call. I work the calls until I feel I may be seen and then let the mouth call go from there.

dirt road ninja

Mouth calls. Anything from Hooks or my HS EZ RASP or Power V.

redarrow

TnTurk

Quote from: Crappiepro on January 16, 2012, 07:58:32 PM
In the spring I like to work them in with a slate or aluminum pot and then finish them off with the mouth call. I work the calls until I feel I may be seen and then let the mouth call go from there.
Same here.  :agreed:

strutnva

Quote from: TnTurk on January 16, 2012, 08:26:41 PM
Quote from: Crappiepro on January 16, 2012, 07:58:32 PM
Same here.  :agreed:
X3

boomer

WildTigerTrout

Primos "Stacked" or "Piggyback" series of double and triple framed mouth calls. ;D
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

sugarray

Mother Lode Medusa, 3 reed bat wing.  Nothin' sweeter!!!

Neill_Prater

After hearing me call, people have told me my best bet is to try and sound like an acorn.  :) Neill

CASH

Quote from: Neill_Prater on January 17, 2012, 12:24:11 AM
After hearing me call, people have told me my best bet is to try and sound like an acorn.  :) Neill

:TooFunny:

Me to
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

n2deer

My go to caller is a Fatal attraxion glass or a Supreme call girl. I use a mouth caller when they get close.

westtennhunter

Woodhaven mouth calls. Red Wasp is my favorite.