turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sanity

Started by Deputy 14, January 16, 2012, 04:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

Just curious if I'm the only one here who ever questions their sanity when it comes to hunting. Every year I am so fired up about spring turkey and fall archery that I can't focus on anything else. But at the end of each season Im glad it's over, almost as a weight has been lifted. I think about how productive I could be with work and family yet I continue to become more addicted to the game every year. This is why I wonder if I am programmed correctly or if the blast of a shotgun has rattled something loose?

vaturkey

You're programmed correctly.  It's called ADDICTION !    :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Gamblinman

Yep...afflicted with the addiction

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

woodwzrd

I don't question my sanity as my addiction makes perfect sense to to me. My wife on the other had, now she questions my sanity every time a new season roles around.  :z-guntootsmiley:

hookedspur

Quote from: woodwzrd on January 16, 2012, 07:53:08 AM
I don't question my sanity as my addiction makes perfect sense to to me. My wife on the other had, now she questions my sanity every time a new season roles around.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Did we marry sisters ?
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

CASH

I'm NEVER glad it's over
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

turkey slayer

Quote from: CASH on January 16, 2012, 09:15:51 AM
I'm NEVER glad it's over
I'M the same, i may be tired,and worn out but never glad its over.

TrackeySauresRex

Hello Everyone.
My name is John, and I'm a Hunterholic...  :TooFunny:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

redarrow

Welcome to the  OG Detox Center. We don't cure "IT" we encourage "IT"
:character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029:

Basser69

Hello, my name is Scott and I am an addict

The Cohutta Strutter

Your sane, well, except for the "glad it's over" part....lol.
Anybody seen America lately?

njdevilsb

I suffer from the addiction, but I'm never glad it's over. 

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: turkey slayer on January 16, 2012, 09:27:11 AM
Quote from: CASH on January 16, 2012, 09:15:51 AM
I'm NEVER glad it's over
I'M the same, i may be tired,and worn out but never glad its over.
x3!!!!
Deputy, I don't look at it that way. The way I see it, the stresses of life are enough to affect my sanity. I view my time in the woods as breaks to allow me to regain my sanity. I'm never glad its over. I would hunt year round if I could.

Deputy 14

You guys are right. I'm never really glad it's over. Just glad that I can go a few months without having to procrastinate.  :icon_thumright:

RutnNStrutn

I'll give you that one!! I'm a procastinating fool during the season!!