turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The heaviest bird you've killed

Started by Fox Fire, January 14, 2012, 09:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Fire

I'm curious as to how big a turkey gets, most bigger ones around here seem to run in the low 20lb ranger that I've actually laid eye on.

SO...how big, what state, private or pulic land.

n2deer

Biggest I have gotten has been a couple 23 lbers in Nebraska on private land.

kansas hooks

Biggest one I shot here in Kansas weighed 26.7 pounds.  I shot it on private ground

Stoner

24lbs and 3ozs. private land in west central Florida. Large bird by Florida standards.

ElkTurkMan

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

redarrow

23 lbs with a scale in SE Mi. but I guesstimate that one I took in northern MI. was maybe 25 lbs.

runngun

23.5 pound Rio weighed with a NWTF Turkey Pro scale

Good Luck and God Bless
          Ray
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

TRKYHTR

28.2 MO private land in 2001 and I am going back there again this year. Can't wait.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Neill_Prater

Weighed, 24 lbs. I don't think I've killed any larger than that, but I've killed a few in Kansas that I didn't weigh that I believe were right up there.

Interestingly enough, I killed a bird years ago with spurs over 1 1/4 inch, and a 12 inch beard that only weighed 13 1/2 pounds, if memory serves me correctly. The bird was normal in every way, just extremely small. I've actually killed two toms in that same area that were both really small. Neill

mnbirdbuster

25.85lb on my digital fish scale! private land southern MN! 5 yr old

vaturkey

23lbs 11 oz.private land here in Va.   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

hootn

251/4 lbs tallapoosa county al. when i killed him i had 3 hens within 3 foot of me he was 30 yards away. i think there were 15 to 20 hens with him. eased in to the edge of the field he was in and he was just over a rise and i could only see his fan. sat down and clucked once and all the hens headed toward me. end of story.

scott

FttFttVroom!

21 lbs here in OK, thats on the larger side for our Rios.

Deputy 14

26 lb 11 oz.  Open coal company property in southern WV. Didn't win the heavy bird contest. Not sure what the fattest was.