OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

God is good.

Started by Tail Feathers, January 14, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

Prayers answered this week.  My buddy broke his neck in a diving accident almost four decades ago.  They told him he'd never walk again.  He proved them wrong then, but has some hand issues and a very noticeable limp due to one leg with serious nerve damage but managed to own a successful business and retired early to enjoy life before he actually did wind up in a wheelchair.
His neck deteriorated over the years and his hands and walking got even worse.  He had surgery to replace eight vertebrae this past Wednesday.  Yes 8 vertebrae.  He is now about half titanium!
He's already up and walking and has more strength in his legs than before the surgery. The surgeon is ecstatic and can't believe how well everything went.  He said when the old tissue was cut away, the spinal cord plumped right up, took out some kinks and looked great.
This after that same surgeon told him success and a quality life after surgery was only 50/50.  He once told me about his "white light" experience when the accident happened.  They brought him back then and he said he knew he was brought back for a purpose.
Due to the pain and great faith, my friend took the gamble and won.  His purpose may just be to remind us that God is good, and prayers ARE answered.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Eric Gregg

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing and may this help to remind us that our God still works miracles and answers prayer :jesus-cross:

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

kamski1151

Thats fantastic, great to hear your friend is doing so well. :happy0064:

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

hookedspur

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 14, 2012, 06:12:17 PM
:icon_thumright:  Yes he IS  :cross2:

:cross2:  :agreed:  :cross2:
                                                       LOVE
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

redarrow

boomer

sugarray

AMEN and Praise the Lord!!!

The Cohutta Strutter

Great reminder on how great our God is.... I'm sure that experience has strengthen your friends faith. Glory be to God today and everyday! :jesus-cross:
Anybody seen America lately?

ElkTurkMan

It's great to read this! :cross2:

TnTurk

Praise God for His mercy on us who don't deserve it.  Glory be to God.  :cross2:

FttFttVroom!

dlquinn

Goods news.....Power of prayer is an amazing thing.  :cross2:
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

TClark

Awesome news!!!   Praise the Lord!!
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/