OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Today's funny story.

Started by Crutch, January 10, 2012, 04:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crutch

At the coffe pot today we are discussing how deer season went and this guy (deer hunter/turkey hunter) I have worked with for almost 20 years says that last weekend he is out jogging. I think he was on the Natchez Trace, but anyway he sees a truck parked on the side of the road, probably from two hunters since the Young Sportsman season was open which would end deer hunting for this season. On his jog back it is getting dark and he can see a man and what appears to be his son taking off their coveralls or heavy coats by the truck. We maybe the son saw my friend but his old man didn't. Anyway at about 50 feet away my buddy say, "GET ANYTHING?".   Well the dude jumps a foot or two off the ground and screams like a banshee and takes off running. The kid just stands there and looks at my friend Tim then back at his dad then back at Tim, like "whats going on?".  Anyway, the dude comes back kinda pissed and mumbling about not seeing him. 

My buddy Tim tried to resume his jog but would start laughing so hard his feet wouldn't cooperate.

:TooFunny:
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

Eric Gregg

That's a good one.
I have one for you too.

My cousin was taking his nephew turkey hunting, and when they got out of the truck his nephew throws on his brand new leafy wear suit.
In the meantime, my cousin turned around to relieve himself before taking off hunting, and when he turned around couldn't find him anywhere. He said he looked and looked, and was getting upset that he just vanished.
He called his name and and when the boy answered scared him half to death.
He had turned around too, only a couple of yards from him taking a pee too.
He couldn't see him because of the leafy wear suit. Scared the crud out of em

Holston

Quote from: TeocTom on January 10, 2012, 04:13:10 PM
That's a good one.
I have one for you too.

My cousin was taking his nephew turkey hunting, and when they got out of the truck his nephew throws on his brand new leafy wear suit.
In the meantime, my cousin turned around to relieve himself before taking off hunting, and when he turned around couldn't find him anywhere. He said he looked and looked, and was getting upset that he just vanished.

Wow.  Must have been a killer suit.   I'd try to buy that one.

BOFF

That's a good one.
I have one for you too.

I was thinking the cousin was going to turn around and pee on the unseen nephew imitating a leafy bush.  :D

God Bless,
David B.

Crutch

David, that would have funny.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

Eric Gregg

Quote from: BOFF on January 11, 2012, 11:41:52 PM
That's a good one.
I have one for you too.

I was thinking the cousin was going to turn around and pee on the unseen nephew imitating a leafy bush.  :D

God Bless,
David B.

barry

Don't know about y'all but I don't want to hunt with someone that can't see me from a few feet away!

Eric Gregg

Quote from: barry on January 12, 2012, 11:54:15 AM
Don't know about y'all but I don't want to hunt with someone that can't see me from a few feet away!

Well, there are couple of things to factor in.
1. It was still dark
2. My cousin was shot in a hunting accident that left him partially blind in one eye.

As far as hunting with him, he is a turkey killing machine and I have learned a lot from him. He can't half see and I can't half hear, so we balance each other out  :icon_thumright:

barry

Quote from: TeocTom on January 12, 2012, 12:37:26 PM

1. It was still dark
2. My cousin was shot in a hunting accident that left him partially blind in one eye.

As far as hunting with him, he is a turkey killing machine and I have learned a lot from him. He can't half see and I can't half hear, so we balance each other out  :icon_thumright:

I'm sorry, for some reason I did not think about it being dark. Glad he is still able to hunt

Eric Gregg

Quote from: barry on January 12, 2012, 02:44:03 PM
Quote from: TeocTom on January 12, 2012, 12:37:26 PM

1. It was still dark

I'm sorry, for some reason I did not think about it being dark. Glad he is still able to hunt
Those leafy wear suits are pretty good too now, you gotta admit :you_rock:

boomer

Lightnrod

Cleburne

GobbleNut

Quote from: Crutch on January 10, 2012, 04:02:58 PM
At the coffe pot today we are discussing how deer season went and this guy (deer hunter/turkey hunter) I have worked with for almost 20 years says that last weekend he is out jogging. I think he was on the Natchez Trace, but anyway he sees a truck parked on the side of the road, probably from two hunters since the Young Sportsman season was open which would end deer hunting for this season. On his jog back it is getting dark and he can see a man and what appears to be his son taking off their coveralls or heavy coats by the truck. We maybe the son saw my friend but his old man didn't. Anyway at about 50 feet away my buddy say, "GET ANYTHING?".   Well the dude jumps a foot or two off the ground and screams like a banshee and takes off running. The kid just stands there and looks at my friend Tim then back at his dad then back at Tim, like "whats going on?".  Anyway, the dude comes back kinda pissed and mumbling about not seeing him. 

My buddy Tim tried to resume his jog but would start laughing so hard his feet wouldn't cooperate.

Funny story,...but it sounds to me like there may have been something fishy going on with the guy to be reacting that way....   Perhaps something like the dad having a gun on a kids hunt, ...maybe?....