turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Polaris Rangers

Started by agturkey, January 09, 2012, 10:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Polaris Rangers pros cons opinions?  Thinking of buying the 500efi.

BOFF

Have the crew cab 700.

pros, it's a great work vehicle.

Cons, it's LOUD!!!

Too noisy to hunt out of, and too noisy to talk when your traveling very fast.

God Bless,
David B.

kamski1151

Can't speak for the Rangers either, but I have a 1996 Sportsman 500 and its still running great. It's a beast nothing it can't do . Just keep up on the maintanence and it will run forever.

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

drenalinld

pros - ride and drive great, plenty of power, go almost anywhere, several of my hunting buddies have crew cabs and they are great for a lot of things including seatbelting car seats in the back seat for family fun :you_rock: :you_rock:,

cons - I would like a little more leg room but keep in mind I am 6'4", I wish they were quieter but they are not as loud as the Rhinos, size for getting around in the woods but all side by sides have this issue

Reloader

Pros: stout, lots of room, good size bed

Cons: wide(your not going to travel atv trails with tight spaces), heavy

Definitely better than the other large UTVs IMO.

CASH

I rode in one for the first time this weekend. It's loud, but it's the smoothest ride through the woods that I've been on.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Skeeter41

Father in law has one.

the 500 is loud.  It is wide and you can not just go offroading through the woods.  It is comfy to ride in though and with the doors and roof it is really nice to plow snow.

I have a 500 efi four wheeler and with a little yard cart hooked to the back I can do just as much as he can with his ranger plus I can unhook the trailer and have a little fun.

deltaeta

gotcha

Don't own one but been on plenty.Like mentioned, nice ride but loud.Funny thing is, the noise seems to be in the drivetrain rather than the engine.Almost like its geared too low of a ratio.