OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Classifieds

Started by Lightnrod, January 09, 2012, 10:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightnrod

Sorry for my ignorance, but where are the classifieds now located? Thouht they were under Turkey Guns headline then went to the folder.

bird

All members now must have at least 50 post to view the classifieds.

Wycliff

I was wondering where it had went

smh

That makes no sense to require a minimum of posts in order to view the classifieds?  What can we do to change this?

honker22

Quote from: smh on January 31, 2012, 01:18:31 PM
That makes no sense to require a minimum of posts in order to view the classifieds?  What can we do to change this?

post 48 more times... It is to deter spammers and scammers.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

CASH

Quote from: smh on January 31, 2012, 01:18:31 PM

What makes no sense is the members who cannot or will not read the rules for posting classified ads and follow them.  99.9% of these members had less than 50 posts.  So as they say, "One bad apple spoiled the bunch."

So a new rule was implemented by Admin, less than 50 posts, no classified access.  The rules are in place to protect the members.  It's the house rules plain and simple.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

TauntoHawk

it doesnt take long if you're a regular to get to 50 posts and it helps the members get a sense of security, I've always had the best dealing of any internet forum here on the old gobbler call classifieds.

If you just want to sell stuff I'd recomend craigslist or ebay
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

GOLD HUNTER

...by the time you do the post 50, we get to know who you are !!  :z-flirtysmile3:

come on now 50 post is E-Z, some guys do 50 post b/4 coffee every day  :morning:

thanks CASH

Brian

Tuttle

That's good to know, I've been lurking around for a couple of years I think.  Maybe it's time to participate a little.

CASH

Quote from: Tuttle on January 31, 2012, 02:59:22 PM
That's good to know, I've been lurking around for a couple of years I think.  Maybe it's time to participate a little.

The more the merrier.   :funnyturkey:
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Shellwaster

I too have lurked before I joined. I think a minimum number of posts is a great idea and 50 is very easily obtainable as long as your posts are not drivel just to get to 50.

bird

Quote from: customgunsocks on January 31, 2012, 06:26:47 PM
Its good and bad, certainly isnt going to help me thats stuggling and trying to get new customers and I post all the time, not just selling.Oh well.

I don't understand this comment. Please explain.

customgunsocks

Quote from: bird on January 31, 2012, 06:40:42 PM
Its good and bad, certainly isnt going to help me thats stuggling and trying to get new customers and I post all the time, not just selling.Oh well.

I removed it, Im not going to start a conversation on this too. make a long story short, 25 posts is plenty, of course im not on the board.

bird

Quote from: customgunsocks on January 31, 2012, 06:42:43 PM
Quote from: bird on January 31, 2012, 06:40:42 PM

I removed it, Im not going to start a conversation on this too. make a long story short, 25 posts is plenty, of course im not on the board.

50 post is a meager number and this was all OG's idea and I think it is a very good idea.

If someone wants to advertise to the entire membership of OG no matter of how many post they have there is a quick and easy solution to that.... Contact Annie about advertising space on the top and side of the main page.  But when Shannon provides "free" advertising to members and all he ask is for some simple guidelines to be followed.  I would think that for some people to complain about some of his simple rules designed to protect the members is not only petty but also very insulting toward Shannon himself who is giving people a place to advertise for "free".