OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A few pictures from this week's goose hunts....

Started by Dukhntr, January 08, 2012, 07:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dukhntr

A buddy of mine has kinda taken me and my 4 year old son, Talon, under his wing. He has a lease about 2 miles from my house that I keep a close eye on. In rewards for keeping it scouted and other hunters off it (I'm a police officer) he invited my boy and I. We hunted Monday morning with him and his 12 year old. He is shooting a Beretta Extrema 2, his 12 year old shot his mother's cut down left handed Benelli M2 and I shot my Benelli SBE. The first flock that came in had about 15 birds in it. The 3 of us killed 5. Then a few minutes later a pair came in and his boy and I each pulled up dumping them both 1 shot each. 20 minutes later, another flock of 15+ dump in at 15 yards and we kill our last 2 geese. All in all, it took about 40 mintues total. Was a blast and that 12 year old knows how to lay some birds down!

This picture was from yesterday, (saturday morning). We were at the same spot, except this time, by buddies 12 year old, 14 year old and his wife all joined. This is a very, very tight family who hunts hard all year, mostly just the 4 of them. Buddie's wife can shoot as well or better then anyone I've hunted with. We finished this day out with a 5 man limit.

I got another invite to go out this morning. Of course, I aint' no dummy, so I accepted the offer. We assumed it would be tougher today since we hit it yesterday. We put out 44 floaters. They were very skittish, but we still managed to scratch out 8. We picked up too early, we had several groups trying to dump in while picking up the decoys. We were hunting a water slough at the back of a corn field. Each time we set up in the morning, we spooked up tons and tons of mallards...

MDbowman

rbreedi1

Thunder Ridge Totes

turkey slayer