turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

having my Little Big Horn vest rebuilt!

Started by reynolds243, January 08, 2012, 01:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customgunsocks

Post a video to what we did to the old vest, now we can concentrate on making our new one. Reynolds243- watch to see what we did to yours.

http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee430/customgunsocks1/?action=view&current=201201211209071.mp4

stinkpickle

customgunsocks

Oh Thanks! I think this new one is going to be a little better, got my new foam in and my fabric with leaves. DOing a little welding on the frame, then its all going together hopefully by tomorrow night.
I didnt say but I think Im also going to make a cut down version of this too, The Run n Gun v est, going to be exactly like this withou the chair frame, will have a seat cushion attached.

customgunsocks

I have decided before I put on the fabric chair backing to add a cpl band of 2 inch nylon strapping, help keep the fabric from stretching out and maybe a little more comfort and support.

customgunsocks

Quote from: reynolds243 on January 08, 2012, 01:27:42 PM
have had a little big horn lounger for a long time and it is starting to really show some wear. After speaking with Tom over at Usahuntingear he has agreed to take on the task of rebuilding it for me to get it back to its original shape, in addition to some minor modifications to it that would make it more personal to me.

In addition Tom is going to get all the measurements off it and some other input to try and make a vest like this in the future for other folks....without a doubt the best vest ever made for the woods so looking forward to getting mine back to "brand new".  Wish they didnt quit making them years ago and there is NONE to be found via the internet. If anyone else has one or is interested in one like it hit Tom up and see what he can do for you.

Will keep you up to date on the progress.....Thanks again Tom for working with me in all this.
Video link and another pic posted at the end of this topic.More pics will be added throught out Sunday, check back

customgunsocks

Here is the vest part of our new Sittin Bull vest/chair

savduck

Im digging the 4" seat cushion. I think you guys have brought that old vest back to life.
Georgia Boy

customgunsocks

Thank you, we did our best without ripping it completely apart, then it would have been junk for sure.

The Cohutta Strutter

I'd definitely be interested in a Run n Gun version for the folks that like to go as streamlined and lightweight as possible. I even like the idea of just the harness with the two front pouches. For example, I know alot of hunters like a seat cushion but there are those that don't. They want to keep weight at a minimum. Would it be possible with the Run n Gun version to make things on it that are detachable? For example, a detachable seat cushion, detachable rear decoy/bird bag,etc...... a version that can customized to the individuals needs. A add on take away type vest. I'm not sure if anyone else is doing that? Mostly, I see other vest that do have detachable seats but that's about it. Thanks, David.
Anybody seen America lately?

customgunsocks

Actually you pretty much hit it on the head. We will be using our striker roll up, our trifold mouth call holder and so on, and we already make a single and double decoy bag. As soon as I get this one vest/chair done, right now I have over 120 hours into this, hopefully finish it up tomorrow. I dont know if you have ever looked at our site, but take a look at our roll up for example, those will be on the belt.Thanks for writing...Tom

Http://www.usahuntingear.com

The Cohutta Strutter

I just browsed the website, cool stuff ! Really like the striker/trumpet roll. Can't wait to see the results of the ' Run n Gun' vest. Please keep us tuned in on the development of this vest. Tom, thanks for listening to us. :icon_thumright:...The Cohutta Strutter.
Anybody seen America lately?

reynolds243

Tom thanks again for all the hard work you have put into this, i cannot tell you how much i appreciate it! I cannot wait to check out my old vest when i get it back but actually surprising to me i am more excited to check out the new version of it you are creating.

You have gone above and beyond what most in todays world would have done! god bless you and the work you do for us hunters.

gobbler777

Tom: I've been using one of these vests since they first came out ... I bought it as it premiered at the AMO Show. They are the best and have used it exclusivily since I brought it home. One of the criticisms is: when I get up to move after sitting it is tough to hook the seat up again. Sometimes I get lucky but most of the time I have to take it off, hook the seat up and put the vest back on. Maybe a different fastener or hook system would solve that problem. I am glad you are reviving and improving this fantastic vest. I have 2 of these vest: 1 for turkey hunting and one for predator hunting. I never have to look for a tree to sit against. Doug
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

gob09

tom, i think you have a winner ..... great job