OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

having my Little Big Horn vest rebuilt!

Started by reynolds243, January 08, 2012, 01:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

Quote from: customgunsocks on January 12, 2012, 05:11:46 AM
...Let me ask this for those of you that own one, what do you use that zippered pocket that runs down the back of the chair, it has an orange flag sewn in it???? Is this something important to most of you?...

I only use it after I get a bird.  I stuff my feather flex decoy into it, while the bird rides in the pouch.  The openings are a little too large on the pouch.  It's easy to get things in and out of it, BUT it's also easy for things to accidentally fall out. 

reynolds243

yeah i use the slot for my stakes which i make from arrow shafts for easy carry, i dont like 2 piece decoy stakes.

i personally like the big back to carry my stuff but it can be an issue with stuff falling out if you are huffing it somewhere. i keep all kinds of stuff back there so my decs never fall out but have lost a pair of binos and some water bottles in it, however it does make it easier to get stuff in and out without taking the vest off.

the 2 piece frame is definitely a need if you are shipping them that much i know but if going that route it needs to be a very snug fit so it doesnt disconnect by mistake while trying to sit or move.

also the water proof material on the bottom of the vest and seat are fantastic options.

reynolds243

also i am not sure of each states rules but i thought some states required the orange material on public land or something so the slot is a great easy spot to hide that orange flag if your not using it.

customgunsocks

Your right, I put it on and tried reaching back to snap the chair up in place, cant do it unless your a cat or Gumby. Changing that!!

customgunsocks

Quote from: reynolds243 on January 12, 2012, 11:30:53 AM
also i am not sure of each states rules but i thought some states required the orange material on public land or something so the slot is a great easy spot to hide that orange flag if your not using it.
It is in PA and always willbe, thats why we put a 12 x15 in our decoy bags and back packs.

customgunsocks

Quote from: stinkpickle on January 12, 2012, 11:24:30 AM
Quote from: customgunsocks on January 12, 2012, 05:11:46 AM
...Let me ask this for those of you that own one, what do you use that zippered pocket that runs down the back of the chair, it has an orange flag sewn in it???? Is this something important to most of you?...

I only use it after I get a bird.  I stuff my feather flex decoy into it, while the bird rides in the pouch.  The openings are a little too large on the pouch.  It's easy to get things in and out of it, BUT it's also easy for things to accidentally fall out. 
I was looking at that, I might close them up just a bit. cpl inches maybe.

reynolds243

Quote from: customgunsocks on January 12, 2012, 12:54:22 PM
Your right, I put it on and tried reaching back to snap the chair up in place, cant do it unless your a cat or Gumby. Changing that!!

hahah, you get use to it and it gets pretty easy...then again i am 6'3 and have pretty long arms.

Dbrnmllr

This thing sounds cool, I wish somebody had pics up.  Sounds like what Cabelas maybe modeled my tac tat'r 2 with backrest after???  This thing must have been the original.

stinkpickle

Quote from: reynolds243 on January 12, 2012, 01:35:24 PM
Quote from: customgunsocks on January 12, 2012, 12:54:22 PM

hahah, you get use to it and it gets pretty easy...then again i am 6'3 and have pretty long arms.

Yeah, I had to reach back and clip the left side...then switch my gun to the other shoulder...and then clip the right side...and finally switch my gun back.

reynolds243

yeah i always just left 1 undone, made it easier when i was trying to sit down fast.

Tomfoolery

Can you still get these. I have an older one I LOVED but my dog chewed the strap in half. I would either like to repair this one or get a new one

RBC

The only thing I don't like about mine is the box call pocket. It's just too small for a normal box call. I usually just stick mine thru the elastic loop on the outside of the box call pocket.

RemingtonRules

customgunsocks

Quote from: RBC on January 13, 2012, 02:38:41 PM
The only thing I don't like about mine is the box call pocket. It's just too small for a normal box call. I usually just stick mine thru the elastic loop on the outside of the box call pocket.
We have already redesigbed the box call  holder, we didnt like it either.

customgunsocks

Quote from: Tomfoolery on January 12, 2012, 08:34:11 PM
Can you still get these. I have an older one I LOVED but my dog chewed the strap in half. I would either like to repair this one or get a new one
Were working on a new version now. Frame is done, will be putting some of it together today.