OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester 1300 NWTF

Started by chrmayo, January 07, 2012, 09:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oatsj

Have the laminated stock bought it in the mid 80's love that gun. it is about as fast as
a simi auto  :z-guntootsmiley:

Flyrodder

2ounce6s, that is a pretty place your hunting at.
Flyrodder

vaturkey

Quote from: 2ounce6s on January 10, 2012, 08:52:51 PM
I own one of the first year model Win 1300 NWTF and one of the last year models made. Killed a pile of turkeys with those guns. The older model has a browning xfull .670 ported choke that shot Fed Premium #5s and 6s very well to 40 yards. The newer gun has had both a Pure Gold .670 with mag blends and a Indian Creek BDS .665 that I used #6 Win XRHD. I'd suggest you purchase a limb saver recoil pad, they do kick like a mad mule.

2ounce6s   

Nice pics ! Glad you're smiling !   :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

TrophyTracker

This thread gave me some inspiration to take one of mine out today and give it some off season use!

New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

TWOWITHONE

Bought 1 25 yrs back and aint looked back. Great turkey gun. :firefighter:

paboxcall

Quote from: Doubletap on January 10, 2012, 07:19:01 PM
I had one, sold it, wish I had it back :angry9:

Me too.  I bought a plain 1300 and sold it a few weeks later.  When Winchester issued the Buck / Tom edition a couple years later, I quickly traded my Mossberg 500 in and got the 1300 with a 21" barrel.  Sweet gun, smooth action, easy on the shoulder to carry and brutal to shoot like everyone says.

Covered in Mossy Break Up, I shoot Hevi 3-2-7 with a Jellyhead .660, and put 270 in a 10" circle at 40 yards.

:icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Fox Fire

I've nearly sold mine a couple times but always backed out, kinda glad I did, they seem to have good follow'n of owners & the ones who do sell seem to regret it.

rebelman

How easy is it to find aftermarket stocks/chokes for them? I'm looking at one but want a pistol grip stock.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: rebelman on January 15, 2012, 03:19:28 PM
How easy is it to find aftermarket stocks/chokes for them? I'm looking at one but want a pistol grip stock.

ATI makes adjustable stocks that fit that gun. Win-Chokes, also known as Invector and Accu chokes fit that gun and are made by just about every company that makes choke tubes.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

gobbler777

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on January 08, 2012, 06:29:28 PM
I have the  1300 Turkey Short camo and they came with a 18" nonvented ribbed barrel that i take to the mtn to hunt them birds. yep they do seem to kick like a pissed off mule so i had to put a limb saver on it. it shoots the nitros great or my TSS 8ball load. they are great guns and i love it.

brian  

Brian:   What brand choke do you use. I see whatever it was is a .670???
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

gobbler777

Brian: Very impressed with your Win 1300 pattern. I'm tweaking mine right now and wonder what is a
                                                               TSS 8ball Load???

I have the NWTF 1300 Turkey Short camo and they came with a 18" nonvented ribbed barrel that i take to the mtn to hunt them birds. yep they do seem to kick like a pissed off mule so i had to put a limb saver on it. it shoots the nitros great or my TSS 8ball load
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

BOFF

Quote from: gobbler777 on February 08, 2012, 07:46:54 AM
Brian: Very impressed with your Win 1300 pattern. I'm tweaking mine right now and wonder what is a
                                                               TSS 8ball Load???

I have the NWTF 1300 Turkey Short camo and they came with a 18" nonvented ribbed barrel that i take to the mtn to hunt them birds. yep they do seem to kick like a pissed off mule so i had to put a limb saver on it. it shoots the nitros great or my TSS 8ball load

That is his personal hand loaded shell using Tungsten #8 shot. It is a heavier density than Hevi-shot.

God Bless,
David B.

BOFF

Here's Hevi shot #7 and a .660 choke in my old gun.

God Bless,
David B.

gobbler777

Thanks David. Disregard Brian. I just read a bunch of great posts about TSS over on the "Reloading" section (should have done that before my post). Looks like its well worth it in working up some TSS loads.

mightyjoeyoung

I think I might just have to pattern the 26" Universal Hunter model I picked up last year at my old store for a song.  BRAND NEW, full camo, drilled and tapped for 175 bucks?!  Couldn't pass it up!  I used to have a field 1300 and loved it.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.