OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

mag blend/ choke ?

Started by gob09, January 06, 2012, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gob09

does anyone shoot mag blends out of a kicks .680 or a ssx .675
or .670 in an 835 or 935
i ran up on a heck of a deal on magblends the other day and got two boxes. just wondering what i should expect out these choke and loads? which one should i try first?
because im sure i wont be able to get a deal like that on mag blends again

ILIKEHEVI-13

The TruGlo SSX is .670.  I had one for my 835.  I never shot anything but Hevi-13 2 and 1/4oz #7's through it.  It shot very well. 

davisd9

Mossberg 835 with Star Dot .676 using 3" Mag Blends 2 oz load.  Temp was around 75 and very little breeze.  Only shot I got to make because a storm came up as I was counting the hits.  Going to pattern them some more soon, and if they are anything like this then they are what I am sticking with.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mossy835

In my 835 with a Carlsons .690 I shoot mag blends with no problems, three shots three dead birds and as a bonus I can shoot the dead coyote with the same choke (check with your choke maker first). I do ot keep patterns or counts but the 40 yard pattern is nice and tight for me. You will be happy in the field.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: gob09 on January 06, 2012, 11:24:23 AM
does anyone shoot mag blends out of a kicks .680 or a ssx .675
or .670 in an 835 or 935
i ran up on a heck of a deal on magblends the other day and got two boxes. just wondering what i should expect out these choke and loads? which one should i try first?
because im sure i wont be able to get a deal like that on mag blends again

I shot them a good bit when they were first introduced and as I recall, the patterns were very good through the SSX and my 935. I probably recorded some of those numbers. I'll look and see what I can find.

I do recall that the recoil was pretty stiff! I prefer the standard loads for that reason. They allow me to get back on target more quickly.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

gob09

thanks for the info. guys im gonna try them out of both chokes and see what the results are. im not too concerned about numbers as long as i get a good even killing pattern
im a little woorried with poa/poi changing on me with different loads and chokes