OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stoeger double defense ?

Started by 4nolz2, February 18, 2011, 11:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4nolz2

has anyone seen these short barrelled side by sides? They are for home defense but I wonder if a guy could get extrafull choke tubes installed for turkey hunting?

Skeeterbait

I considered it when they first came out but I found it to have three drawbacks. 

It is fixed IC/IC chokes.  You would have to have a gunsmith thread it for chokes, if the barrel walls are sufficiently thick for this milling.

It has no barrel selector switch so there isnt the option to use different chokes/loads per barrel and select which to fire.

It does not come in camo so you would have to pay to have it dipped if you wanted it camo.

I actually wrote to Stoeger and suggested a model with these features for a turkey model however they have ignored me so far.

TrackeySauresRex

I had a regular 20ga sxs. I purchased a few years agao. It had serious fireing issues (Lemon!) It was sent back to stoger and worked on. Got it back, same same. Returned it for a store credit. Never again for me. 
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

4nolz2

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

old frank

Not exactly what you are looking for but the Stoeger Coach Gun Supremes have the same barrel length 20" and have double triggers and screw in chokes. I believe they are Win Choke threads.

I would think it would make a good turkey gun.

The Cowboy Action shooters seem to love the Stoegers and I am thinking of one for home defense and fun shooting.

4nolz2

is a coach gun supreme a different gun from the regular coach gun?

4nolz2