turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 Question

Started by younggun, February 18, 2011, 10:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

younggun

Whats up guys new to the site. I just acquired a 835 with a comp n choke xx-full (think it is a .680 but will check) it will have the 20 in. barrel on it also. My question is what loads are some of you shooting with this combo? I have always shot win xr in my old guns but am hearing all the hype about the hevi-13's and am just wanting to know what some of you would suggest.

jonhaga

Hevi13 is great ammo can't go wrong. Try the #7's :z-guntootsmiley:

knightrider

i would get a different choke if i were going to shoot heavier than lead shells, jmho :z-guntootsmiley:

younggun

Can you clarify as to why I should choose a different choke? Not being rude just wondering I have used cnc on past guns and never had an issue but there maybe be something that I dont know.

knightrider

Quote from: younggun on February 18, 2011, 01:02:22 PM
Can you clarify as to why I should choose a different choke? Not being rude just wondering I have used cnc on past guns and never had an issue but there maybe be something that I dont know.
i have been told and read not to use heavi with the cnc due to the way the proting is done or the numbers of ports? never tried it myself due to all i have been told and read

younggun

Alright thanks. I am going to try some different loads in the next couple of weeks and see what works and also try a couple other chokes.

Skeeterbait

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

younggun

Thanks Skeeter I am a visual person and that is all that I needed. I guess I will try some old reliable shells and if I am not happy get me a new choke.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: younggun on February 18, 2011, 10:18:29 AM
Whats up guys new to the site. I just acquired a 835 with a comp n choke xx-full (think it is a .680 but will check) it will have the 20 in. barrel on it also. My question is what loads are some of you shooting with this combo? I have always shot win xr in my old guns but am hearing all the hype about the hevi-13's and am just wanting to know what some of you would suggest.

may I ask why you are getting away from the Win.ER
this is a great turkey load itself and will do anything that Hevi 13 will do
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

younggun

Never said I was getting away from it and more than likely what I will stay with it. I just wanted to see if anyone was shooting a similar combo and what results they were getting with some different ammo. It is a new gun for me to tinker with,  I love my win er's just getting opinions.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: younggun on February 18, 2011, 07:46:53 PM
Never said I was getting away from it and more than likely what I will stay with it. I just wanted to see if anyone was shooting a similar combo and what results they were getting with some different ammo. It is a new gun for me to tinker with,  I love my win er's just getting opinions.

OK  I got you
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tactikel

My 835 loves Hevi-shot mag blends 5/6/7- second is Rem HD #6s -I have used Win supreme lead #5s and like them. I have not tried the ERs (the cost for a box of 10 was too much of a gamble) but may give them a try!

Gobble!

if your going to use winchester extended range shells use the 3.5" #6s and polish the barrel on that 835. your patterns will greatly improve