turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Forcing cone question?

Started by reynolds243, January 01, 2012, 07:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

Can you lengthen the forcing cone on a benelli/stoeger? I was told not to due to the chrome barrel. Is that valid? I don't want to mess up my gun but would like to do it.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: reynolds243 on January 01, 2012, 07:29:21 PM
Can you lengthen the forcing cone on a benelli/stoeger? I was told not to due to the chrome barrel. Is that valid? I don't want to mess up my gun but would like to do it.

Rob Roberts does that on a regular basis to the "Custom Shop" Benelli shotguns.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

SumToy

Yup it can be did and about any shop should be able to do it we do it for 35 bucks plus shipping
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Fox Fire

I assume do'n this kind of work will remove the bluing from inside the barrel, would a guy just have to keep it oiled or do ya'll cold blue the area ??

gobblingghost

Sumtoy redid mine after a "gun smith" in Northeast Ga. didn't do the job completly

h2obil

I sent my SBE that I bought in 1994 to Seminole gun works in Fl, 7 day turn around and it really helped my gun as far as pattern and felt recoil, More of a push than a kick.  I was glad I did after years of  thinking you couldn't do a Benelli.      Happy Hunting!

BOFF

My SBE I was done, and ported. I bought it used that way.

It shoots great.

God Bless,
David B.

natman

Quote from: Fox Fire on January 04, 2012, 08:13:04 PM
I assume do'n this kind of work will remove the bluing from inside the barrel, would a guy just have to keep it oiled or do ya'll cold blue the area ??

Shotgun barrels are usually highly polished on the inside, so any blue that was ever there is long gone. Keep it lightly oiled for storage.