turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WTB Little Big Horn turkey vest

Started by reynolds243, January 01, 2012, 03:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler777

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

jblackburn

Are you still looking for a vest like this?  I have a vest that has an internal frame that I don't use anymore.  I cannot remember the brand, but I would be willing to part with it.  I will dig it out of storage tomorrow and post a picture.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

reynolds243

Yeah man I sent you a pm. I would be for sure depending on what you want for it.

jblackburn

Here it is.  It's comfortable, I just thought it was too heavy for the way I hunt.  It is in good shape, no rips, tears, or mouse chewing from sitting in the shed.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

reynolds243

looking for another one of these if anyone has one let me know.

Usahuntingear

Quote from: reynolds243 on January 01, 2012, 09:18:04 PM
yup that is it, the key is all in the frame. the actual vest is nothing fancy but by far the most comfortable vest i have ever sat in. I found one last year on ebay but the guy wanted like $180 for it and i was just not willing to pay that. basicly the vest is built to allow you to sit down anywhere without the need of a tree, no more sore backs from a small round tree and you can sit in that thing for HOURS with no issues. I really really dont understand why it is not being sold anymore or why someone else has not taken the design and redid them. I am sure the patent (even if there was one) is out by now. 

I am going to try and find a seamstress around me and see if i can get mine recovered but not sure what that will cost or if possible.

the concept is not really that hard to make if you know someone who can sew and you find a way to make the frame (which would not be tough to do if you have the right tools)

I even thought of making the frame and just getting an old vest and tearing the parts off to make a new version of it.

The tough part of rebuilding those is that the metal frame will not go under the sewing machine presser foot, we rebuilt one last year, it wasnt easy.We just sold our last one we had this morning.
One day at a time.