News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What would you do?

Started by chatterbox, December 31, 2011, 06:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodsman4God

Quote from: redarrow on December 31, 2011, 09:35:11 PM
My first thought was ,BANG!  But to tell the truth I really dont know anymore.

C'mon now Red you shoot the first deer you see, you cant tell me with time running out and a bird in the cross hairs you wouldnt be shooting.

Personally since I dont travel for turkey hunting out of state that often I can only bag 1 so BANG!!

pseshooter300

Depending on the situation at that very time I would prolly shoot
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

spurman

I'll pass, let him grow up, if it means tag soup so be it.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

BOFF

Since I'm usually on my own property, and it's been ingrained in my thinking and actions for so long, on management of land and wildlife, he's gonna get a pass. 

I have to admit, I like killing longbeards. 

God Bless,
David B.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

He's safe on the first day and is just as safe  on the last.

I'll make him bleed when he's a two or three year old that id be more proud of.

guesswho

If I have a tag left on the last day of the season I'm passing on the jake and selling all my turkey gear and retiring.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Neill_Prater

Twenty years ago, I'd drop him in an instant. Now, I've killed enough gobblers that it just doesn't rock my world shooting a jake, so I'd let him walk, and have done so many times through the years. Neill

TRKYHTR

Last year I passed on 19 Jakes. I've passed on up to 30+ some years. No need to kill another one. Unless I get hungry.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

saltysenior

GOD! you guys are good.......however the question asked left out some small details...public land or on some private place you will hunt next year that is loaded w/ birds and you have the only key.........did the hunter walk walk 1.3 miles, 4 times to hunt this area or did he drive a golf cart to a comfortable hide......there are probably 50 other factors that would have to be considered before I would give an answer....reading the info given in the original question , i would shoot... :boon:

GunRunner

CASH

My first gobbler was a jake.  (Didn't realize it when I shot, I was too excited.)

I felt joy about killing my first turkey and sad because I shot a jake.  If somebody else wants to that's their choice.  I've got no problem with it.  But for me it's like shooting young deer.  I don't want to.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

saltysenior

Quote from: 2ounce6s on January 02, 2012, 06:35:08 PM
Some jakes are indeed gifts from above and meant to be shot.
http://youtu.be/LAONKxFlsXc
I'll shut up and will sit down now.

a good example of one of the factors that would effect someones decision.. 

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: saltysenior on January 02, 2012, 04:56:42 PM
GOD! you guys are good.......however the question asked left out some small details...public land or on some private place you will hunt next year that is loaded w/ birds and you have the only key.........did the hunter walk walk 1.3 miles, 4 times to hunt this area or did he drive a golf cart to a comfortable hide......there are probably 50 other factors that would have to be considered before I would give an answer....reading the info given in the original question , i would shoot... :boon:

Public or private, 10 mile or 3 mile walk, last day on a property or first, beginning or end of the season, the answer is still no and I believe those who have answered the same have done so honestly.

There are an astounding number of lethal hunters on this site.  

OLE RASPY

saltysenior

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on January 02, 2012, 07:49:22 PM
Quote from: saltysenior on January 02, 2012, 04:56:42 PM

Public or private, 10 mile or 3 mile walk, last day on a property or first, beginning or end of the season, the answer is still no and I believe those who have answered the same have done so honestly.

There are an astounding number of lethal hunters on this site.  

would you consider 2oz 6s's Pop to be a ''lethal hunter'' ????    he shot a perfectly legal to take turkey.....i hope we are not getting into the beginning of Q.T.M.   :boon: