OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fit to hunt challenge.

Started by Fox Fire, December 29, 2011, 10:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

Quote from: redarrow on February 12, 2012, 02:02:52 PM
January 1st  240 lbs

January 8th  227 lbs

January. 15 th.   226 lbs

Jan. 22nd.  223.2 lbs

Jan.29th.224.6

Feb.5th. 222.6

Feb. 12th. 219.2
Feb.19th. 222 lbs.   OOPS

JWC07

redarrow

.4 is a step in the right direction. :you_rock:

JWC07

Aggravating 'cause I ate well and ran/walked on the treadmill and
rode the bike several times last week. Not sure what's up. I have increased how far i can run without huffing and puffing so bad so that's worth something

pullit

All I can say is CRAP.... I walked this weekend, worked out, and ate like I was suppose to and did not loose anything this morning.
OH well, I will keep it up and slowly but surely it will come off....
In the meantime, I feel better and have more get up and go...

redarrow

Dieting can cause wt. loss but exercising can cause muscle mass which equals wt. A little wt.loss and a more muscular body aint a bad thing.The benefits of increased lung capacity are worth the effort for sure.

Neill_Prater

Oops here also. Plum ticked off at myself that I have hovered right around 213 for something like 3 weeks now. Was down to 212.4 once week before last, but have weighed 213 or slightly more every time I've weighed since then. I did skip exercise several days, but also exercised longer one day last week than I ever have before, a full 1 1/2 hours.

Oh, well, tomorrow is another day, and I'm going to switch strategies again and see if I can get some weight coming off. The possibility of being under 200 by the middle of March is now starting to look pretty unrealistic, but even under 210 would be an improvement. Dang, I wish it was as easy to lose as it is to gain!

mountman62

Dang, I wish it was as easy to lose as it is to gain

Neil, I'm with you on that, started at 318 around October 1, diagnosed with type II diabeties Oct 15, down to 304  on Jan 1, hit 288 on Feb 8, 287 on Feb 15, scared to get on scales this wed, wife was in hospital all weekend, so i blew it, but am walking 4 miles 3 times a week, long history of being big, i'm 49 yrs old now, wieghed 270 when i graduated high school. weighed 363 in 1996, had gastric bypass in 97, got down to 249, was walking 5 miles a day, but shift work and too many other things going on kept me hovering around 320-325, but my wife is a poster child for diabeties, kidney failure 3 yrs ago, below the knee amputation on one leg 2 yrs ago, other ankle 3 surgeries on, brace on it now, heart and lung problems, on oxygen all the time, outlook not good for her so i have tried to do better, long family history of diabeties on my family, feel good to beat it for 49 yrs, lots of stress and shift work doesn't help much but i am trying, would like to see 275 before turkey season starts or maybe 250 even, didn't know that the Little Debbie company could stay in business without me helping them out
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

Neill_Prater

Mountman62, just hang in there. Fortunately, so far at least, I seem to have escaped any serious health problems caused from my weight, but I knew it was just a matter of time. My stepson sounds similar to you. I'm not sure how much he weighs, but I'm sure it is over 350. He is a big guy, about 6'4", but he should be down close to what I weigh now. He did the lapband thing a few years ago, with little success. He has a high-stress job, and 4 kids. He is only in his 30's, but I know it is going to catch up with him if he doesn't do something, and is already having lots of problems with his feet and knees. Good luck, and keep on keeping on! Neill

pullit

Mountman62, diabeties runs in my family as well, both my dad and grandmother are diabetics. I hope to avoid it by trying to watch what I eat and working out.

I stepped on the scales this morning and I have lost 2 lbs! I am down to 248. So far I have lost 14 lbs. I hope to get the rest of my weight off in the next month or so.

Good luck and keep working at it to everyone else that is fighting this fight. :icon_thumright:

buck_hunter21

Quote from: pullit on February 22, 2012, 09:32:10 AM
I stepped on the scales this morning and I have lost 2 lbs! I am down to 248. So far I have lost 14 lbs. I hope to get the rest of my weight off in the next month or so.

:icon_thumright: Keep up the good work man.  Thats awesome.
Spill Blood

ChiefBubba

Well found out today that I have some hardening of my heart walls. That sucks so really need to buckle down and keep working on it.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=26.097836,-80.227169

JWC07

Good week. Ate well, ran on the treadmill a few times and just got back to normal around here after family visiting from out of town last week. Down from 193.2 to...

Fished a tournament all day yesterday. the Myfitnesspal app says fishing from a boat burns like 400 calories an hour. I fish a whole lot so I figure I can quit the treadmill and all that and just fish more. I should be somewhere around a buck twenty or so by the end of October as much as I fish :)

Nick_The_Tinkerer

ok my update - I thought I was 240 but actually was 244.2 now today 232.1lbs a loss of 12.1 lbs :you_rock:

Neill_Prater

Not what I had hoped for, but I do now seem to have, FINALLY, broken the seemingly impenetrable 213 pound barrier. I weighed 212.0 this morning. Hopefully, I can start losing again with some regularity. Neill