OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fit to hunt challenge.

Started by Fox Fire, December 29, 2011, 10:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Fire

NIEL-PRATER...your fine man, no worries about thread jack'n, your hearts in the right place so feel free to speak your mind.

When I first posted on Dec 29th I was at 335, tonite it was 330, so not as good as I had hoped, dont like the thoughts of give'n $50 a month to a gym but mite have to in order to pull some better numbers.

As far as weight in...I guess just post as ya want, work it on the honor system, I guess people will come & go.

Neill_Prater

Fox Fire, thanks. I think one problem is that we all are used to everything in our lives being somewhat instantaneous. We watch shows like "Biggest Loser" (or at least I do), and see people losing 3% of their body weight every week, and think we should be doing that also. They are in a very controlled situation, with experts monitoring every aspect of their lives, and it is unreasonable to expect that the average person is going to be able to do that at home, and, if they do, most will simply pack the pounds back on as soon as they go off the starvation diet. Been there, done that, many times.

There is an old saying about how "slow and steady wins the race", and I believe that definitely applies to losing weight, and more importantly, keeping it off. Even a single pound a week, over the period of an entire year, will amount to a weight loss of 50 lbs, so any time you step on the scales, and the number is lower than the last time you weighed, I consider that a win.

stone road turkey calls

there are no 70+ year old fat men, there all dead.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Neill_Prater

Not a good week. Basically I weigh the same as last Saturday, unless you count .2 pound as a loss.  :) No excuses, but I'm not surprised. My wife is having some health issues, and we spent a couple of days at doctor's offices this week. I realized last night that I was stress eating, something I've always been guilty of doing, especially in the evening.

Anyway, I'm hopefully back with the program and can start losing again. I set a goal for myself to be under 200 by the opening of Alabama season, so I need to lose 15 pounds in slightly less than 8 weeks. Very doable, but I need to have a loss every week at this point to reach that goal.

On the bright side, I tested my digital bathroom scales against the scales in two doctor's offices and found mine run about 2 lbs heavy, so I'm actually a couple of pounds lighter than I thought I was. I'll continue using the readings from my scales here, though. Neill

ChiefBubba

Stick with it just remember this is something for the long haul. Chief.

redarrow

Quote from: redarrow on January 14, 2012, 12:39:17 PM
January 1st  240 lbs

January 8th  227 lbs

January. 15 th.   226 lbs

Got my fingers crossed for tomorrows weigh in.

redarrow

Neill_Prater

Redarrow, you are doing great! If you don't mind me asking, what is your goal weight? Neill

redarrow

210 by April 30th. 200 would be a bonus for sure. I think 210 is more realistic.

redarrow

pullit

I have started walking about a mile a day with some people I work with. I started 1/16/12 at 262, As of 2/3/12 I was at 252.
I need to loose about another 20-25 lbs.
I eat about anything I want (within reason) just less of it.

Neill_Prater

I missed posting last week, but there was little to report. I went three weeks without losing any weight, so I changed my strategy starting Saturday, and had lost a pound by this morning, weighing 214.0. My goal is 200 or less by the Alabama opener, March 15, but I'm going to have to really stay focused to make it. I think hitting a plateau in weight loss is one of the most frustrating things that can happen. I, admittedly, had been snacking too much, but when compared to my "normal" intake, I thought I had cut down 50%.

Anyway, I've cut my portions considerably, don't eat seconds, and am going more protein and less carbohydrates overall, and am going to try and exercise a minimum of 30 minutes a day. I've been doing pretty well in that area anyway, but have also skipped several days. I try to do one hour plus at least a couple of days each week.

pullit

Quote from: pullit on February 06, 2012, 09:25:05 AM
I have started walking about a mile a day with some people I work with. I started 1/16/12 at 262, As of 2/3/12 I was at 252.
I need to loose about another 20-25 lbs.
I eat about anything I want (within reason) just less of it.

Super Bowl screwed me up a little and I gained 2 lbs, but I am walking my butt off to get the weight going the right direction again. I walked 3 miles yesterday and just got back from a 1.5 mile walk a few min's ago.
Sure is a lot more fun putting it on than taking it off....

handcannon

Well fellas, guess I'm just late to reading this thread. Just sat here and read 4 pages and wish I was at the weight you guys are at. I'm glad FoxFire stepped up cause I'm at the same weight as he is which is around 330. I'm 6'2" and have pretty much been heavy all my life but here the last few years I have more of a desk job than anything and I just dont get the exercise on the rig that I use to. Dang it, I'm in. I'll get a better weight on the scales when I get off work in the morning.

Aint it funny, we spend our childhood wanting to be a big guy and spend our adult life trying to get small again.

redarrow

Quote from: handcannon on February 07, 2012, 04:33:07 PM
Well fellas, guess I'm just late to reading this thread. Just sat here and read 4 pages and wish I was at the weight you guys are at. I'm glad FoxFire stepped up cause I'm at the same weight as he is which is around 330. I'm 6'2" and have pretty much been heavy all my life but here the last few years I have more of a desk job than anything and I just dont get the exercise on the rig that I use to. Dang it, I'm in. I'll get a better weight on the scales when I get off work in the morning.

Aint it funny, we spend our childhood wanting to be a big guy and spend our adult life trying to get small again.

Welcome brother,good luck. You can do it .