turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fit to hunt challenge.

Started by Fox Fire, December 29, 2011, 10:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Fire

Ok guys, I've said it a hundred times, "by turkey season I'm gonna be in better hunt'n shape.", and like always I get lazy (actualy I dont have to GET lazy) & dont do anything.

This year I'm all over it, I'm tired of be'n tired, my legs are weak, cardiovacular system is toast, get winded just go'n to the fridge, DONT WANT NO DIABETES, it aint no body's fault but mine that I've wound up like this & its up to me to make the change.

this weekend I'll have new pair of walk'n shoes & make a trip to the grocery store,  NO MORE  COLAS, junk food is out , no more...B,B, BISCUTS ( & I love me some biscuts in the mornin), more fresh veggies, lean meats, nothing processed.

SO...anyone else want in on this ?? figured it mite help us to trade info on whats work'n & what aint, nothing outragous but just try'n to be able to climb the hollers & ridges be spring without stop'n to strap on a oxygen mask.

Just had a idea, if thers enuff interest we mite could pool in a little cash & buy the one or ones who reach ther goal a nice call or something to motivate.

Crutch

It doesn't take me long to get my wind back by rabbit hunting, then hunting morels and scouting. It is easier when you are having fun. I only weigh in at 175, but humping it up a hill in a hurry can kick my tale if I've been on the couch to much.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

gob09

my job gets me back in shape i will go back to work about a 1 1/2 months before season starts. so im trying to get as much work as possible done so i can go hunting.
my cell phone is a Gzone and has a pedometer on it i will average 9-12 miles a day at work.
but the hills and hollers still kick my but. if i could just quit smokin that would be great .hope y'all do good at it and good luck reaching your goal

Ol'Mossy

I'll keep hunting all winter long, rabbit season is in until the end of February, I hunt coyotes all winter long, and after all that I take long walks and hike in the mountains if there isn't too much snow yet.

Fla. Cracker

I've been hanging around and learning from all of you for a while.

Been there/done that years ago and ended up with diabetes.
Got on a treadmill in front af a tv (hate working out after working all day) learned that if I would do a mile in 15-18minute , 6 to 7 daqys a week I could lose weight and get in better shape.

I lost about 34 lbs in 3 months.

You don't want to play the game with diabetes.

GOOD LUCK

Eric Gregg

Fox Fire,  I will tag in with you. I am 32, still a Jake....married and sit behind a desk all day. I am 5'1 (yes, that is very short) and weigh 165 lbs. I need to be a 135, at least. I am getting serious about this as I do not want to be pushing up daisies before I turn 40.
I am buying the Insanity work out series. I did P90X which rocked and lost weight.
This is put out by the same folks but utilizes some of the old drills we did in high school football.

I am willing to be held to this as well.

Let's do it :you_rock:

lightsoutcalls

I'm in...

I was about 40 lbs lighter about 13 months ago and am sick of the britches not feeling so comfy.  I just signed up at the local fitness center yesterday and plan to be at their front door at 5 AM on Monday.  I was a regular there about 2 years ago and lost 30 lbs. then.  I do better when I am in an environment that is more conducive to working out. 
I'm not sure how much hunting I'll get to do this spring, but I know I don't want to be carrying the extra weight regardless. 

I'll be glad to build a pot call for the "biggest loser" or however you want to work the deal...

:icon_thumright:
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

redarrow

Set a realistic goal. I shoot for 1500 calories a day,with an occassional 2000 max. Keep a diary of "EVERYTHING YOU EAT". Total the cals. throughout the day and stop when you hit 1500.There are numerous sites on the web that will help with finding the calories in anything that you eat that isnt listed on the package. I dropped 45 lbs in less than a year this way. However I fell off the wagon during deer season and put back on 25 - 30 lbs. So.I am up for the challenge. Good luck guys. You can do it.

timbrhuntr

I'm in. Did this last year on another site. I had 2 surgeries was laying around got up to 265 lbs. Doc said I need to set up a meeting with the rep from the diabetes society before I put you on meds. Woke me up. Lost 30 lbs. Since I have regressed and gained back 5 lbs.Need to kick it back in now after the hoildays and lose the last 20-30 lbs to get back to 200-210 lbs where I always felt good. It can be done and we will do it. Post weekly or so updates to keep it going. Like I said Im in lets do it!!

wisconsinteacher

Hey guys, I started last August and started out at 236.  I am now down to 211.  I lost most of it right away by riding bike and using Murmured.com.  I have zero ties to this webpage, but I used it to count my food intake and my rides.  My wife uses the Murmuring site and loves it.  I did not really change much other than intake and feel a ton better.  I am able to drag a deer, run for tipi's and hike longer.  I took a break over the holidays but plan on riding on a trainer in the house as of the 1st.  My goal is to ride a 50 mile ride and maybe shoot for 100 by August 2012.  I hate to run but riding has been a blast.  Set goals and reward yourself.  I got a new call after 30 workouts. 

Ol'Mossy

Quote from: PaTurkHntr on December 30, 2011, 08:19:35 AM
I'll keep hunting all winter long, rabbit season is in until the end of February, I hunt coyotes all winter long, and after all that I take long walks and hike in the mountains if there isn't too much snow yet.

I'm 57 years old and can't do the hard exercises like you younger guys, I do have a small heart problem (narrowing in my Aortic Valve) that keeps me from doing just that, that's why I try to keep as active as possible to stay in shape. My Doc won't even let me on the treadmill he's afraid i'll pass out.

TRKYHTR

I just ate 2 cinnamon rolls. I guess I'm out.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Fox Fire

TRKYHUTR...your just take'n one for the team, we know wher your hearts at & we're all read your post with tears stream'n down our face because of your sacrifce, we luv ya man.

Fox Fire

OH YEAH... mean while back on the ranch, looks like we have 4 on the wagon so far plus we'll give a honorable mention to PAturhntr just for his intentions.

So far we have, TeocTom , Lights out calls, Red Arrow, Timbr Huntr...think thats all the "I'm in" so far, maybe ther'll be others in a day or so. (do ya'll think we mite need a entry deadline ?)

Ok, ya'll want to do this by the month or go until spring, if were gonna put in for a call I guess it would be nice for the winner(s) to get them before season opens.

Kinda along the same lines how are we gonna determine a winner ? pounds lost, a point system (somehow), ***to be honest I dont care who wins I just thought this mite give some of us a little momentum & encouragemant to make things happen***

I'm easy ya'll, so just toss some ideas out & we'll go from ther.

gob09

if theres a pot caller from wendall involved im in
for those of you hunting in hilly country you might want to raise the incline on the  ole tread mill may even want to put a block under the front of it