OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Putting Faces with Names in Nashville UPDATED PHOTS OF BANNER

Started by pappy, December 29, 2011, 11:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I am headed to the convention (Feb. 9th through the 12th) on that Saturday and was wondering about those from here who are headed there who would be there on Saturday. VaTurkey and I were talking about getting everyone together in the front lobby at a certain time and have a group pic made for the site and email to those who want one so that they could print one out. I was also wondering about purchasing a Banner....I checked with Vista Print and one 8' long would run around 50 bucks total, and could be here in time to hold infront of the group, I had this in mind...... in very large letters....OLD GOBBLER.COM  then under it ....  NATIONAL CONVENTION 2012 ... THEN UNDER THAT ....PUTTING FACES WITH NAMES.....on a white banner with black lettering. If you think this will work, I would appreciate some help to offset the price, so if everyone who was thinking on attending donate say....5.00 each it would only take ten to make the purchase price...or anyone willing to donate till we reach the price that would be good too, then put everyone's name in a hat and draw for the banner. We could all sign it too...what do you all think? Pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

The Cohutta Strutter

Pappy, I think it's a great idea even though I'm not attending the Nashville Show in 2012 but plan on attending it in 2013..  However, I will be attending the Unicoi Show In North,Ga. in January 2012. With that said and even though I'm not going I'd be more than happy to donate 5 dollars on the banner for the Nashville 2012 show in support of this site,our group of folks here and the cause being the wonderful sport of turkey hunting. Let me know by pm if this shapes up to the point where you'll need my donation  The Cohutta Strutter...
Anybody seen America lately?

neal

I'll be in the Hooks booth that morning working. But if it fit into my schedule I would defiantly like to meet some of the guys, and would kick in $5 for the banner deal and if you don't do the banner, we should still plan on getting a pic with everyone that is there.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

pappy

Thanks guys for your responses on this, I just think it would be a great thing, callmaker or not, it would be super to see some faces to go with the ID's here on the site....pappy
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

I met alot of mighty fine folks from OG last year. CASH, HARDCORE, FLYDOWN, 4NWTF, CATDADDY, HEADCRUSHER, & a few more. Just dont ask them if there are any birds in BAMA !  :TooFunny:

vaturkey   :newmascot:

Vaturkey

unclerick

If it works out that me and Wes (gob09) can go, we sure would show up for a meet.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

sugarray

Starting to think about going.  Only 7.5 hrs from here.  I'll definitely pony up for an OG pic to help out.

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

drenalinld

vaturkey

Quote from: drenalinld on December 29, 2011, 10:44:22 PM
Will Chaz be there?

If you will be there then Chaz will be there holding your hand.  :TooFunny:

Maybe you can show us folks some of the new dance steps that Chaz has taught you .  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

n2deer

decoykrvr

Jack,
Great idea, sign me up!!!   The show is a real zoo on Saturday, and I would suggest meeting in the Ryman Foyer which is the long hall that literally bisects the show floor and is to the left of the show entrance.   The Ryman Foyer isn't as crowded or hectic as the main entrance and seldom has much foot traffic and you can enter or exit the exhibit floor at the end of the foyer.  I think that you ought to be the "Keeper of the Banner" for use at future NWTF events, the date on the banner can be changed for future shows, and everyone can sign w/ the current date.  I think that that could be the start of a neat annual tradition.
Craig