OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another choke question

Started by joshua, February 18, 2011, 12:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshua

Opinions wanted, what choke brand and diam. will yield the best overall patterns shooting a Rem. 870 SM 26" polished barrel 3.5 2.25 #6 and #7s.  I'm looking for one choke that will shoot both these loads well.  And I know about the search option I am just wanting some opinions.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

runngun

I would suggest a Pure Gold .670. Have seen good patterns with that combo, but I have not shot it personally. Have one on the way for my Browning Maxus.  I believe it would work for you.

Good luck and God Bless
          Ray
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Mag10

I have the I C BDS 665  and the JH 665, the polished remingtons do just a little better with the JH's and the 3.5 2.25  #7s

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I think you will get some great patterns out of either a Indian Creek .670 or maybe even a .675.  I like my .669 Indian Creek BDS choke.  I have a 28' barrel.  I am getting my best results with the Hevi-13 #7 loads in the MAD Super Max .675 choke without the wad stripper feature.  It's about the same as the newer Indian Creek chokes and it's made by Indian Creek.  If you want to try a very good shooting choke, the Rem Ventilator is a very good choice for less than $24 shipped to your door.  I can give you the link if you want it.  Pure Gold makes a good choke, too.  But all of these would be good choices.