OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

choke tube for 835?

Started by IDLEWILDMAN, February 17, 2011, 11:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IDLEWILDMAN

Trying to decide between a Jellyhead or SSX for my 835. I plan to shoot lead 3", # 5's or 6's. What do ya'll think?

ILIKEHEVI-13

I have shot the Jelly Head, but I haven't shot the SSX yet.  I have a new SSX choke, but I haven't tested it yet.  

chatterbox

I have a good friend that shoots a mossy 835 with the JH .690 in combo with the older pre flite control #5 federals, and is very pleased with that combo. I don't know what his numbers are, but 3 shots and 3 dead birds all from ranges of 5-45 yards.
He likes his.

VAHUNTER

JH and #6's would be my choice
Good things come to those who wait

paturkeyhntr

knightrider

if i were just going to shoot lead i would look no farther than a kicks 680

gobbler74

The comp n choke 680, IC 675, and pure gold 670 are all smokin mossy chokes,  lead only in the compn choke! 
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

bird

Just in case it matters in your decision making process. 

The SSX flies the Chinese Flag

surehuntsalot

Quote from: bird on February 19, 2011, 08:22:59 AM
Just in case it matters in your decision making process. 

The SSX flies the Chinese Flag

so does over half the stuff in this country that is for sell
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

IDLEWILDMAN

Thanks for all of the suggestions, seems that they way to go might be the Hevi-shot. Thanks again!

hunter177

I get great patterns with the factory Ulti-Full (.690) turkey choke that came with my 835 turkey gun. Federal Mag-Shok FC 3", 2 oz., #6s produced 160 pellets on a 12"X12" target. Good luck this spring!
TriStar Viper G2 12 ga.
26" barrel, black synthetic stock
TruGlo Gobble Stopper Extreme .665 choke
Winchester DoubleX, 3", 1125 fps., 2 oz. #5 shot

knightrider

i must say the cheap tightwad and the kicks 680 have givin me great numbers :you_rock:

mossy835

All lead loads seem to do just fine with the factory chokes that came with mine, have you tried them yet, they are lead and steel rated per Mossberg.

knightrider

Quote from: mossy835 on February 20, 2011, 07:15:13 PM
All lead loads seem to do just fine with the factory chokes that came with mine, have you tried them yet, they are lead and steel rated per Mossberg.
my new one with the x-ported factory choke says lead only, it also say that on their website

7shooter

Jellyhead with Hevi13 6 or 7's is poison in 835 and 935.