OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The art of calling a wild turkey....

Started by scott ellis, December 23, 2011, 05:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferguson

Quote from: CASH on December 26, 2011, 09:41:18 AM
I think they capitalize on the newer hunters and younger generation.  They come up with these fancy videos using dekes and blinds, and all these new fangled tools to hunt with and the younger folks or those new to turkey hunting thinks that what it takes to kill a turkey and they buy into it.

A credit for some of the TV personalities, Sponsors are responsible for most of this. I know one of the TV personalities that was selected for the hall of fame and I know sponsorships dictate a lot of that crap he has to do and say. Sponsors pay the way are are why the shows are available for arm chair hunters and youngsters. All in all I feel it's helping keep the outdoor sport of hunting going. Hunting permit sales are dropping compared to other outdoor activities. It may not be ideal but it's helping hunters keep a voice in public land management and not leaving it all to trails and natural areas. It's not perfect but it's what it is. If it wasn't for public ground hunting will quickly become so commercialized that the average Joe wouldn't be able to go. Teddy Roosevelt would roll over in his grave if he knew how his vision of non-commercialization of wildlife has played out.
David Ferguson
Eminence, MO
573 226 5939