OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 12/15/2011

Started by Roostem33, December 15, 2011, 08:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

The ninth commandment tells us that we are not to speak dishonestly about our neighbor. Who is our neighbor? Anyone in the human race!

This commandment is broken not only when we tell an outright lie, but also when we use deception of any kind. We have probably all been guilty of participating in gossip, either by carrying tales ourselves or by listening to others gossip and remaining silent, failing to stand up for the accused.

If for some reason we do need to share something negative about another person, we first need to be certain that we have our facts straight. Then we need to examine our motives for wanting to tell someone about it and tell only those who really do need to know.

The Bible says "the tongue has the power of life and death" (Proverbs 18:21). Are you using yours for life? Strive always to speak the truth in love.

Lord, forgive me for the times I have participated in gossip ... the times my careless words have hurt someone. Help me always to speak the truth in love. In Jesus name Amen!!

Have a blessed week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002

Great message, Jody.  Thanks.   The Lord has us here not to harm others with our words, but edify others with our words.

Gus_13

Great message. I was glad to read this. Thank you I needed this devotional.
Strut. Gobble. Die.

turkey slayer