turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If you could hunt ?

Started by runngun, February 17, 2011, 05:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FttFttVroom!

My wife.  If she would sit down with me and watch a beautiful Oklahoma sunrise and watch the turkeys fly down...strutting and gobbling, then she'd understand this obsession I have!

Jay

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on February 17, 2011, 10:22:39 PM
My wife.  If she would sit down with me and watch a beautiful Oklahoma sunrise and watch the turkeys fly down...strutting and gobbling, then she'd understand this obsession I have!
That's the issue with many ladies I've run across. They just won't give it a try.  ;D Usually I lose em at getting up at 3:30 am.

surehuntsalot

hands down it would have to be my grandpa
If I could just have him back for just one more hunt
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BowBendr

My son Isaac that passed away on 9/11/2007...I would have loved to see your eyes lite up when a big ol' tom thundered off a gobble from the limb at daybreak...miss you boy.

runngun

Thanks fellas for your post............  just things to ponder
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

redleg06

I love spending time in the turkey woods with my wife...but I cant wait till my son (just turned two) is old enough to go with me in a few years!!!

3chunter

My grandad...he died when I was 4.

Roostem33

It would have to be my Brother, he took me own my first deer hunt and bought me my first gun when I was 10 years old. He got killed in 1986 in a HVAC accident.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Solid Snake

My grandpa as well. I never got to meet him because he passed away when my dad was in high school. My dad always talks about how much he would have liked me b/c he loved to hunt and fish.

headbanger

My dad. Has been gone since '99. Would love one more hunt with him.

headbanger

gob09

Quote from: schuylkillspur on February 17, 2011, 06:22:11 PM
My Dad love to hunt small game. He never hunted Turkeys I lost him unexpectedly And thought later on MAN if he would have just sat against a tree in the spring woods and heard a bird light up the wood and strut on in he would have been hooked Worked his whole life to support a family on one leg he lost in the Normandy envasions. Took him for granted until he was gone. Don't do the same. God Bless

your dad is a true american hero and ge is loved by more folks than he ever knew :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

if i had to pick one person i dont already hunt with it would be william stephens he and i were great friends he took his own life on the side of I-24 in 2001 we never hunted together but i'd sure love to now

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

lightsoutcalls

I'd love to take my dad turkey hunting.  He grew up hunting small game to help feed the family.  I've heard stories of how his dad told him "you better bring home an animal for every shell you take".  They had it rough and pretty much followed the crops during picking seasons and cut and sold firewood, eggs, etc. to make ends meet.  Dad worked almost every free moment when I was growing up trimming trees and landscaping to subsidize the income from his day job.  We probably only hunted a dozen times or so throughout my years at home, most of those times for squirrel or rabbit.  
I had the privelege of taking him on his first deer hunt in probably 25 years and his first successful deer hunt in around 50 years about 2 years ago.  He took an 8 point with his new muzzleloader within 15 minutes of me downing a 10 point with my muzzleloader.  That day is a vivid memory, and one of the best we have had together.
I'd love to take him this spring for a turkey hunt in OK.  He has had recent heart issues (irregular heartbeat) and had a quadruple bypass years ago.  He has had 2 brothers and 2 sisters die of heart related issues younger than he is.  He also just had a bone biopsy on his knee.  I don't know how many more years I will have a chance to take him, but also don't want the intensity of the hunt to induce a heart attack.  I'm really struggling with asking him if he wants to go...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

shad309

My Grandpa- he died when I was a kid and before he taught me all he could. He took me with him hunting everything from coons to deer. I used to sleep in front of the door so he couldn't sneak off and leave without me  ;D

I think he's still beside me everytime I go out  :angel9:

J Hook Max

I would have to say my Dad who passed away about 20 years ago.He is the one that taught me to turkey hunt.Of those living,I always wanted to hunt with Eddie Salter and  a couple of years ago,I did just that.Great caller and a gentleman as well.