turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If you could hunt ?

Started by runngun, February 17, 2011, 05:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpitanDrum

I would like to take my son again. Since he is married with 3 kids he quit hunting and I miss the time I spent with him. Sota goes along with the song "Cat's in the Cradle". Now that I am retired I have the time and he does not.

CANLIMBHANGAR

GO NORTH OR GO HOME!!!

ghillie

My friend Joe....he took his life Jan 2nd in the parking lot of the hospital.....I'll never understand that...

mossybird

hookedspur

It would be my Dad I lost him in Oct .He taught me all I know about almost everything.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bassmaster1228

kamski1151

My Dad...He passed away in 1986 and I miss our deer hunts together.

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

pullit

My grandpa. By the time I was big enough to hunt he could not get around very well.

stilker

my dad, my great grandpa Jay, or Tom Kelly.

SR1

My buddy Jim he passed away last Oct. Last deer season wasnt the same.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

nstrut

my grandpa..he started me hunting when i was 10 in in 1948.i still have his old steven's double 12ga.he was a crack shot with it.i got to hunt with it when i was 13.we never got to hunt turkey there weren't any. i remember setting with him against this old oak tree hunting squirrel's..i was setting by this tree and killed a big old gobbler.i though about him at that time wishing he was there....he passed in 1959 and i still miss him..my dad never hunted

Jay

My grandpa and dad didn't hunt Turkeys, because their ancestors had already killed them all in Minnesota ;D So, I'm passing on those guys for Turkey hunting, and I'm going with my buddies here. I try to hunt with at least 1 every year off of the Site, and so far that was Mike Tice, trkyklr, Blueribbon, and this year Simpzenith. That leaves a bunch yet left, too numerous to mention. There's as good a bunch of Turkey Hunters here as what you see on TV, but just too dang ugly to get their own show. ;D

Muskie03

My father first and fore most, my best friend and then anybody who hasn't killed a turkey would be next.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Crutch

My grandfather. I got to fish with him once when I was about 8. He farmed to support his hunting, fishing and trapping. One year he made more off his furs than he did his tobacco crop, and with 5 boys and 5 girls, he always raised good crops. Back in his days he probably killed 100 hawks and owls because they were getting his rabbits, squirrels and quail. (not saying that is a good thing, its just the way things were back then). Deer didn't come back good on his farm until he was up in years and he probably never saw a wild turkey. The perfect hunt would be to set up right with him and call one up. I'd like to think he would be proud of me and I think my mother probably sees some of him in me.

Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

PANYHunter

I would pick my grandpa.  By the time i was old enough to hunt he was getting pretty old.  The only time I hunted with him was when I begged him to go squirrel hunting.  He respected the land and all its inhabitants.  I never got to hunt with him much but he taught me so much abut the outdoors and I am grateful for his presence in my life.