OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

If you could hunt ?

Started by runngun, February 17, 2011, 05:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runngun

If you could set against a tree with someone and share a turkey hunt with, living or deceased, who would that person be ?

Mine would be my Uncle David. He was a hunter to the core. While we never turkey hunted togather, we did hunt rabbit, coon and deer. Had a whole bunch of fun doing it too. He was killed by a drunk driver in 1985 while on his way hunting.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

turkey slayer

My dad. he just aint in to turkey hunting.He loves to hunt everything else just not turkeys. he took me when I was younger but just hasn't been very interested since I became old enough to go by myself.

redarrow

Cuz Stricklin. Never met him,but there is just something about him that I really like.

Highknob

My Dad if he were here now.....gone 28 yrs this summer. He loved turkey hunting.

hobbes

huntinhard

Definately my Dad, we turkey hunted together but it was before either of us really had a clue about what was going on. I'd love to have a good morning hunt with him and just hear some birds gobble.

Gobble!

Dad brother or fiancée it's a toss up

Hognutz

Mine would be Tom Kelly, but ''Cuz'' would be welcome anytime, as well..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Singlebarrel

Mine would be a toss up between Col Tom Kelly & Dwain Bland

RutnNStrutn

It wouldn't be my Dad, 'cause I still hunt with him, the few times he is able to get out.
If I could hunt with someone I don't hunt with now, it would be Teddy Roosevelt. I've always wanted to meet him, and share a hunt.

schuylkillspur

My Dad love to hunt small game. He never hunted Turkeys I lost him unexpectedly And thought later on MAN if he would have just sat against a tree in the spring woods and heard a bird light up the wood and strut on in he would have been hooked Worked his whole life to support a family on one leg he lost in the Normandy envasions. Took him for granted until he was gone. Don't do the same. God Bless
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

guesswho

I'd pick jusy about any kid who likes to hunt but doesn't get a chance to go often.  I have the best time with kids, especially one's who have never killed a turkey or deer.   I've said it a thousand times, most kids hunt for the right reasons and that makes it enjoyable for me.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

mossy835

My dad he was paralyzed on his left side when I was around eleven, he partially recovered to make a couple hunts (mule deer in Utah). It would be great to go to the woods and finish many unfinished conversations if my wife would let us (she and my dad were very close). Miss him a lot